Hello,

I have a problem with iMessage on IOS 7 that, as far as I'm aware, only started in the past few days (possibly since the recent 7.02 update). I think it's slightly different to all the other problems described on here and I've tried those fixes but without success.

Essentially iMessage will not send (or receive, I think) over cellular network. When I try to fix this by turning it off and on (with Wifi switched off) I get told that it can't be turned on as I need to activate cellular data, but it is activated.

The only way to turn it back on is with Wi-Fi enabled. But then as soon as I turn that off to simulate being out without a wireless connection, iMessage doesn't send.

thanks
    iosman
    05-13-2020 03:06 PM
    Hello,

I have a problem with iMessage on IOS 7 that, as far as I'm aware, only started in the past few days (possibly since the recent 7.02 update). I think it's slightly different to all the other problems described on here and I've tried those fixes but without success.

Essentially iMessage will not send (or receive, I think) over cellular network. When I try to fix this by turning it off and on (with Wifi switched off) I get told that it can't be turned on as I need to activate cellular data, but it is activated.

The only way to turn it back on is with Wi-Fi enabled. But then as soon as I turn that off to simulate being out without a wireless connection, iMessage doesn't send.

thanks
    iosman
    “Recent 7.02 update”? iOS 7.0.2 was released in 2013. Anyway, based on what you’ve posted, it appears you may need to contact your cellular provider to purchase a cellular data plan.
    05-13-2020 08:09 PM
    “Recent 7.02 update”? iOS 7.0.2 was released in 2013. Anyway, based on what you’ve posted, it appears you may need to contact your cellular provider to purchase a cellular data plan.
    And maybe upgrade to a more current device?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-14-2020 07:43 AM
    Hello,

thanks
    iosman
    Hello and welcome to iMore. Have you spoken with your Carrier to ensure that there aren't issues with your cellular service?
    05-14-2020 10:33 AM