Refund App Purchases Made by Child Unauthorised

simon wolanski

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi there, unfortunately my 7 year old son spied on my wofe and managed to find out her itunes password.
With that he spent about $1,000 on inapp purhcases.
Apple have ben very stern and will not consider any refund (in fact all 4 different people I spoke to have given me 4 different reasons why they can not refund).
I have seen a number of press articles where the journalists have managed to get refunds in similar circumstances but it seems Apple won't do that for the public.
Has anyone got any guidance or suggestions for me.
Thanks a lot
Simon

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Yowza! That’s a lot of in-app purchases! Hopefully someone will come along with some helpful suggestions!

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried your credit card company? (if they were put on your card)
Meantime lock things up with the screen time controls, require a request for purchase, require password for purchases and make a harder password for the device. You should have all of these in effect. Last, ground that kid! Good luck.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your situation is unfortunate, but I’m with Apple on this one and here’s why. There is no way Apple could have prevented your “7-year old” from spying to get your wife’s iTunes passcode. Since you didn’t state whether or not your 7-year old has his or her own iPhone, I can only assume that neither you or your wife took steps to enable restrictions or set it up to where any purchase required your approval.

Finally, you and your wife are responsible for your child’s action, not Apple. I hope my bluntness doesn’t come across as being mean because that’s not my intent.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro