What does a red phone icon with bar under it mean on iPhone X home sreen?

I

iMore Question

I'm talking about on the home screen of the phone, where it would normally be like a green icon with just a phone symbol - Not in the call app, just the home screen. When it's a red icon with phone symbol and an upward pointing bar, that some kind of setting or alert, or is it maybe a different phone app or something? On iPhone X, latest OS version.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just had another thought! Could you take a screenshot of the home screen showing the red phone icon and post it here? Of course to do this she would need to register for an account which I mentioned earlier.

jumpingcat

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
I just had another thought! Could you take a screenshot of the home screen showing the red phone icon and post it here? Of course to do this she would need to register for an account which I mentioned earlier.

Hi, I posted the question about the red icon. Here is a picture of it.

jumpingcat

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for signing up and for posting the screenshot. Hopefully it will help get your answer for you soon!

Okay, I think I've figured it out. Sorry, I'm new to this stuff. I didn't realize that this was not the calling app that was supposed to come with the phone, but it's another one that's been downloaded onto the phone. It confused me because the icon looks like the normal one with the green icon. I thought something was wrong because it was red. I believe this app is called "widget dial".

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey! I am glad that you figured it out. It does indeed appear to be an app called widget dial. I found it in the App Store. Thank you for updating us and welcome to iMore!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2