New iPhone user, can't download any apps

damo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've been an Android user for 10 yrs and jumped ship to iOS today.
Just opened my iPhone 11pro, used the move to iOS app (had problems with and had to tether my android phone to my iPhone to get it working)
Anyway, everything seemed fine but noticed that none of my Android apps downloaded and if I try and download any app, nothing happens apart from the timer circle that spins before eventually timing out.
I've updated to the latest software, signed in and out of the app store bit still can't download a single app!

What on earth and I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!

damo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
One thing I did notice was when I rebooted and opened the App Store, I saw a pop up saying Amazon wasn’t available to purchase???

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the dumb question - where do I find my Apple account on the phone? I’ve tried downloading an app I’ve never used before and also tried a soft reset

1. Initiate the App Store app on your iPhone
2. Select your account image in the upper right corner.
3. Select your name
4. Select Manage Payments.

damo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
1. Initiate the App Store app on your iPhone
2. Select your account image in the upper right corner.
3. Select your name
4. Select Manage Payments.

Thanks, tried that and even added my PayPal account but still the same.
Do you think it’s something to do with the Move to IOS app having problems in the background trying to migrate all my apps over?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, tried that and even added my PayPal account but still the same.
Do you think it’s something to do with the Move to IOS app having problems in the background trying to migrate all my apps over?

It’s possible, but I can’t say for certain. I would definitely contact Apple Support.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I’ve never had to have a form of payment on file.
Annie surely you have a card registered to your phone, I don’t think you can download any app without ? I know back in the dim and distant,I had exactly the same query.
To my considerable amusement when I checked my profile I found that my card is an expired card that I never verified anyway, the phone works fine, obviously I have not needed anything from Apple for a while ! My system must be pretty secure !
Wait ! do you not have your phone registered to a gift card ?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
For the longest time, I downloaded only free Apps. But eventually I wanted to buy songs on iTunes and purchase a few Apps, so rather than using my credit card, I purchased an iTunes gift card, and loaded that on to my account. That worked well, even for my monthly subscription for more iCloud storage. Of course, this is all moot now because I wanted to use Apple Pay! My husband was not wild about it but I persevered in convincing him that using Apple Pay was actually safer (which is entirely another discussion)!

My point was that when I set up my iPhone, I was able to bypass entering payment information. I still use gift cards for iTunes and App Store purchases because I get fuel rewards for purchasing gift cards from the grocery store! It’s a win-win!

damo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
*Update*
Forgot to reply to this thread - I performed a factory reset and didn't use the 'Move to IOS' App. All working fine now. There must have been an issue with the app trying to download all my Android apps in the background???

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73