iOS Messages App losing SOME of my images

sbsmithjax

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
This has been happening on my iphone for a little less then a year. I've upgraded from iphone 6 to 11 pro during that time. Have signed out of icloud, imessage, etc several times trying to solve problem.

My messages app randomly drops SOME image that I send to other people. See iphone screenshot:

[redacted]

This thread is from a couple of days ago. You can see one image has not been lost, but two have been replaced by the blank file looking icons. If I click on the "i" info icon at the top, and then scroll down to see all of the threads images, the missing ones ARE there. This happens to about 25% of my images.

I have plenty of storage capacity on this phone, and the last one.
I have mms/sms turned on.
I have iCloud photo upload turned on

If I go over to my MacBook Pro, signed into same iCloud account, and look at messages, there are NEVER any images lost. Mac Screenshot:

[redacted]

Just last week, out of frustration, I did a reset and restore of this phone, from a full backup stored on the mac. Didn't solve the problem, these screenshots were taken after that was completed.

I maintain my wife and daughter's iphones also (separate iCloud accounts), we have essentially all the same settings, they do not have this problem.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,
Stephen
Cary, NC

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Instead of restoring from a backup, restore your iPhone as a new device. Once you’ve signed into iCloud, your iMessages should sync to the devices along with all of your other iCloud-related data. Since you restored from a backup, you more than likely restored the problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice