Can I remotely erase my iPhone if Find My iPhone & Location Services are disabled?

dsdsfklsdfsd

Apr 10, 2020
Visit site
Dear all, could you pls advise?

Imagine on your iPhone, for some reason, you forgot to turn on Find my iPhone and On location services.
Then the iPhone is stolen.

Does it mean there is no way you can remotely erase the phone or do anything about it? The best thing you can do is trying to change any passwords you have on the phone?

FYI, I still have the IMEI number of the iphone.
My sincere thanks,

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lost iPhone while Find my iPhone was turned off

Find my iPhone and activation lock are enabled by default when you sign in to an iPhone for the first time, there is nothing “ to forget to turn on”.

So if you never turned it off, find my iPhone and activation lock should still be enabled, and you should lock or wipe your device immediately.

If you disabled “find my iPhone”, then you won’t be able to remotely wipe or lock the device.

Best of luck.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Dear all, could you pls advise?

Imagine on your iPhone, for some reason, you forgot to turn on Find my iPhone and On location services.
Then the iPhone is stolen.

Does it mean there is no way you can remotely erase the phone or do anything about it? The best thing you can do is trying to change any passwords you have on the phone?
If the iPhone is stolen while Find My iPhone and Location Services are disabled then you might as well kiss it goodbye. Period.

FYI, I still have the IMEI number of the iphone.
My sincere thanks,

You can report the device stolen to your wireless carrier and they may in turn blacklist the IMEI so that other reputable carriers will not activate it for the thief.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

You can report the device stolen to your wireless carrier and they may in turn blacklist the IMEI so that other reputable carriers will not activate it for the thief.

This.

And the carrier just might have the ability to wipe it, but that’s not guaranteed .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro