I assumed that when I rearranged mail folders in the mail app on my Mac that they would follow suit in the mail app on my iPhone 11 Pro but that’s not the case. Folders do not appear in the same order on my phone. Is there a way to accomplish this? I do only have one account configured in the native mail app.
    02-18-2020 06:27 PM
    I can confirm this with my iCloud email account. I created a Test folder and placed it under the “Snoozed” folder. After a moment, I rearranged the order and then checked on my iPhone to see if the changes were reflected, but they were not. It did show both folders, though.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 02-19-2020 at 07:18 AM.
    02-18-2020 06:39 PM
    I can confirm this with my iCloud email account. I created a Test folder and place it under the “Snoozed” folder. After a moment, I rearranged the order and then checked on my iPhone to see if the changes were reflected, but they were not. It did show both folders, though.
    I’m really a bit surprised. This seems like something Apple would be on top of as they pride themselves on having all aspects of the “device experience” to be the same across all devices.
    TgeekB and Just_Me_D like this.
    02-18-2020 09:13 PM
    I’m really a bit surprised. This seems like something Apple would be on top of as they pride themselves on having all aspects of the “device experience” to be the same across all devices.
    Yeah, I’m a bit surprised, too. I’ll try to remember to submit feedback to them in regard to the matter.
    02-19-2020 07:19 AM
    Personally, I like the fact that each device is separate. I have 2 iPhones (business & personal), but use the same Apple ID & would hate for my mail accounts to sync across devices. I would also hate for it to sync to my Mac, as I only use my iCloud accounts on it. Maybe if you could turn it on & off some kind of way, it would be fine. I just don’t think it’s a good default option for all.
    02-19-2020 09:39 PM