Honestly, I feel I am missing the obvious here.

When I type characters on my iOS device, no matter the application, I find it difficult to edit the words.

I was under the impression I could press and hold, and get the bar to show on the word. Often the bar would show at the start or end of the word.

But, if I want to edit the middle part of a word, it is like pulling teeth to get the bar in that area.

So, what am I doing wrong exactly?

Thanks all...

PS: I have tried this with the native iOS keyboard and with Swiftkey.
    02-13-2020 05:57 PM
    Honestly, I feel I am missing the obvious here.

When I type characters on my iOS device, no matter the application, I find it difficult to edit the words.

I was under the impression I could press and hold, and get the bar to show on the word. Often the bar would show at the start or end of the word.

But, if I want to edit the middle part of a word, it is like pulling teeth to get the bar in that area.

So, what am I doing wrong exactly?

Thanks all...

PS: I have tried this with the native iOS keyboard and with Swiftkey.
    Do not “press and hold” on the word. Simply tap on the word or tap in the space where you’d like to make the correction. You can also “press and hold” the space bar and then slide your thumb to put the cursor where you want to make the correction.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 02-13-2020 at 07:20 PM.
    02-13-2020 07:07 PM
    My my! That was so flipping easy. And, someone else just told me that I can hold on the space bar.
    For a moment I was thinking this is such a pain.

Much appreciated as always...!

Do not “press and hold” on the word. Simply tap on the word or tap in the space where you’d like to make this correction. You can also “press and hold” the space bar and then slide your thumb to put the cursor where you want to make the correction.
    Just_Me_D, Annie_M and nikkisharif like this.
    02-13-2020 07:19 PM
    My my! That was so flipping easy. And, someone else just told me that I can hold on the space bar.
    For a moment I was thinking this is such a pain.

Much appreciated as always...!
    Anytime, sir...
    02-13-2020 07:20 PM
    ...You can also “press and hold” the space bar and then slide your thumb to put the cursor where you want to make the correction.
    I absolutely love-love-love this feature. I use it all the time and it is a lifesaver!
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    02-14-2020 09:13 AM
    I absolutely love-love-love this feature. I use it all the time and it is a lifesaver!
    Agreed!! Trying to place the cursor in the right spot using your finger was maddening
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    02-15-2020 10:01 AM
    Still trying to get use to using the new method(s).
    I will say, from time to time, depending on the application am in, it seems to be hit or miss. With the default iOS/Apple apps, it works flawlessly...
    nikkisharif likes this.
    02-15-2020 12:28 PM
    I like the editing capabilities of this XS,it is the spellcheck function that is a bit weird. I have often stopped typing to look at an underlined word only to find that it is correctly spelt and that the spellchecker is offering me the same spelling as a substitute ?? another one is the spellchecker telling me I have misspelt something when I haven’t,and offering me no substitute !
    02-15-2020 01:56 PM