I'm looking for a vpn for gaming and streaming purposes. Any leads?
    02-13-2020 02:36 AM
    I suggest the search feature here and on open web. This is a topic where there's lots on it. I prefer OpenVPN based solutions. All that stuff already written can do a better job than I can in a short time if you don't trust my preference for OpenVPN.
    02-13-2020 09:28 AM
    Hello and welcome to iMore. In order to continue this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!
    02-13-2020 09:30 AM
    I'm looking for a vpn for gaming and streaming purposes. Any leads?
    OpenVPN is a good options. Nord is ok, but their encryption slows down the connection.

But, why do you need a VPN for gaming and streaming? Are you trying to get around a security feature somewhere?

Sorry, but inquiring minds want to know. :-)
    02-13-2020 10:57 AM
    NordVPN will definitely allow you to get around regional restrictions on some streaming stuff. I got it for general security purposes but did try it since I was new to VPNs and wanted to see and got a UK only Netflix show to appear while I live in the US. As far as gaming use, be careful there. Some game developers may ban you if you're using a VPN. Not necessarily because you're using a VPN but for example Blizzard has banned people because they were using a VPN and it got detected as logging in from multiple locations a large distance apart and the account was flagged for sharing which is not allowed on their accounts.
    02-13-2020 05:36 PM
    OpenVPN
    NordVPN
    VPN Unlimited

are all good choices, in my opinion. Take your pick.
    02-13-2020 07:10 PM
    I just did a decent bit of research before choosing a VPN myself. ExpressVPN is considered of the top VPN's, it's not too expensive, and it's fast, however, it's not based in an ideal country.

I chose NordVPN myself because it can handle everything I want, is based in an ideal country, is affordable (and currently you could really luck out and get up to 3 years free when you buy), and it's fast enough that I haven't noticed any real lag from it.
    02-13-2020 09:09 PM