What Apple Watch did everyone buy?

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Looking at upgrading my 3 to cellular but want to get a 44 since I had a 42. Am I going to find it too big?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Looking at upgrading my 3 to cellular but want to get a 44 since I had a 42. Am I going to find it too big?

Hey CherryLane. Do you have an Apple store close to you? If you do then you may want to visit and try them for yourself. If you don't have one close, do you know anyone with a 44mm that you can try on? I personally have the series 3 42mm with LTE and really like it. I do want to upgrade to the series 5 but just don't want to spend the money.

I really think only you can determine if it's going to be too big or not.

PS- I edited your title to match what you were asking.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I purchased a series 3, 42MM a couple of years ago and am still enjoying it. I was on the fence about whether to get cellular, and torn between a 38 vs. 42. My husband talked me into getting the cellular, and I have no regrets. I wasn't sure about which size, so I went to Best Buy (which was closer that day) and tried both sizes on. I got the 42 because it offered more screen real estate. So I completely agree with @Lee_Bo that going to an Apple Store or other authorized seller to try them both on before deciding.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I actually went from an Original series (42mm) to my Series 4 (44mm) Celluar both Space Black Stainless Steel, and it was a HUGE difference. I'm HAPPY

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
With large in both generation/type, I don't find a noticeable difference with band fit or fitting under clothing like the huge difference in what you see. IIRC, it was state about 30% more fit in the newer types.

My wrist is small for male and for sure my daughter's but this family all prefers the large because ease of reading when you're active. You get faces that display more apps or complications.

For sure try the two on but if you're active or like certain apps consider how you might have better overall function with a larger display.

This is if a deal on a S4 is out there. A few people I know find the always on with Series 5 a deal breaker. I thought I'd want that but not so much as time passes so the right deal on a Series 4 could be worth considering too.

To conclude, I consider all the choices to be fine products. How you use the watch and what apps might mean dealing with a large is worth it. A trip to a retailer will be best way to help make the right decision.

NewYorkChic

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
44eec658f391c76beb758326f0c61c18.jpg

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a 44mm Series 4 & love it!! I started off with the 40mm, but found it too small for my liking. I would suggest to go to the Apple Store, Best Buy, or something to try them on and see which one you like best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2