we just got a new Buick that has CarPlay. How are you make your apps appear on the screen in the Buick? A friend of mine has his Pandora Spotify Apple Music app on the screen in the car
    12-26-2019 06:04 PM
    Those 3rd-party apps have to be installed on your iPhone and be compatible with CarPlay. Once they are installed, they should appear on the screen once CarPlay is enabled therein.
    12-26-2019 06:17 PM
    how do you know if the car is compatible. it does have the button on the steering wheel like shown in CarPlay under settings. Nothing appears under devices though
    12-26-2019 06:50 PM
    how do you know if the car is compatible. it does have the button on the steering wheel like shown in CarPlay under settings. Nothing appears under devices though
    Do you have your iPhone plugged into your car via USB? In my experience CarPlay should be come up as soon as you make the USB connection. Maybe try swapping the cable and make sure you’re using an OEM cable.
    12-26-2019 07:42 PM
    The link below will show you the year, make and model of CarPlay compatible vehicles.

https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/av...e-models/#mn_p
    12-26-2019 07:53 PM
    Do you have your iPhone plugged into your car via USB? In my experience CarPlay should be come up as soon as you make the USB connection. Maybe try swapping the cable and make sure you’re using an OEM cable.
    I haven’t tried using a cable, do I try plugging in the phone into the USB charging port in the car
    12-26-2019 08:11 PM
    I haven’t tried using a cable, do I try plugging in the phone into the USB charging port in the car
    Yes, try plugging it into the USB port in the car. I don’t believe any American automakers offer wireless CarPlay at the moment.
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    12-26-2019 08:23 PM
    You might also look to see if there is a section about CarPlay in the Buick's owner's manual.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-26-2019 08:54 PM
    Yes, try plugging it into the USB port in the car. I don’t believe any American automakers offer wireless CarPlay at the moment.
    it actually works. if in the near future it becomes totally wireless without having to plug in the USB will A software update do The trick or do we know since that probably a while off
    12-30-2019 11:51 AM
    it actually works. if in the near future it becomes totally wireless without having to plug in the USB will A software update do The trick or do we know since that probably a while off
    A software update would probably do the trick but auto companies seem to ship this stuff as feature sets for particular models. I’m doubtful they’ll suddenly unlock the ability. It’s been there for a while and they would have done it already.
    12-30-2019 12:04 PM