iCloud Gift

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I purchased an iPad for a friend
Can I somehow put the icloud account on my credit card (not the one associated with her iPad nor iphone)? She is too cheap to pay for it but I would like to give it to her with the ipad.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
One way is to give the person an iTunes Gift card which can be used as credit towards iCloud storage. As the friend already has a card associated with her account, I’m not sure how you can have yours associated with it as well, but I may be wrong.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think you send Apple ID credit. The recipient then uses that to pay for iCloud storage. Not sure exactly how it works though. But $12 Apple ID credit would last a year for the 50gb option. Might call Apple Support to find out just how it works.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes calling Apple is best. I tried the Apple Store but it was too busy. I called Apple and was on hold forever. I figured if anybody knew people here would. I know my friend. I can give her credits galore but she won't use them for icloud. I was hoping to do it in secret and just hook her up. Obviously it doesn't bother her to lose pics like it would bother me.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
However well intentioned, trying to secretly increase someone’s iCloud storage (ie. tampering) could get you into trouble.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
However well intentioned, trying to secretly increase someone’s iCloud storage (ie. tampering) could get you into trouble.
That settles that. I just wanted to help her store her pictures and transition from one ipad to another seamlessly not trace her movements or something. If it is creepy that's the end of it.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
That settles that. I just wanted to help her store her pictures and transition from one ipad to another seamlessly not trace her movements or something. If it is creepy that's the end of it.

You could just be totally upfront about it and tell her you want to pay the first 2 years of her iCloud fees, which at .99 a month would be more than covered by a 25 dollar iTunes gift card. Or 1 year with a 15 dollar card. :)

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
You could just be totally upfront about it and tell her you want to pay the first 2 years of her iCloud fees, which at .99 a month would be more than covered by a 25 dollar iTunes gift card. Or 1 year with a 15 dollar card. :)
Yes thanks. She thinks it is a waste of money so won't do it but she could use it to buy apps anyway.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes thanks. She thinks it is a waste of money so won't do it but she could use it to buy apps anyway.

I hate paying the 99¢ a month. But was forced to do so. I remained within my free 5 gb for 7 years, then Apple changed things in iOS 12, and I can no longer do it. I'm using about 6½ gb of iCloud storage, and paying 99¢ for the extra 1½ gb. She may be fine with the free 5 gb for now, but may have to upgrade her storage at some point. Especially if she has 2 devices using storage. My wife is still within her free 5 gb. She's had an iPhone for 6 years.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I hate paying the 99¢ a month. But was forced to do so. I remained within my free 5 gb for 7 years, then Apple changed things in iOS 12, and I can no longer do it. I'm using about 6½ gb of iCloud storage, and paying 99¢ for the extra 1½ gb. She may be fine with the free 5 gb for now, but may have to upgrade her storage at some point. Especially if she has 2 devices using storage. My wife is still within her free 5 gb. She's had an iPhone for 6 years.
How did you get 5gb free?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2