Face ID and banking apps

Tinaster

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
While it might be my Google skills, I am having a hard time figuring out if Face ID works with most North American banks such as BB&T, Roobinhood, Discover and AmEx?

It seems like face ID on the new Pixel4 is not supported yet, but if I am to move from Android to Apple what would be my bet choice, 8 Plus or 11?

Face ID vs fingerprint?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I found TouchID for banking easier while using Apple Pay but FaceID works excellent on the iPhone so you can’t go wrong with either choice

Enjoy and Post Often

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I also recently came from a touch ID iPhone to a faceID iPhone and really like it. I thought I wouldn't like it but it turns out, it you have "Require Attention for Face ID" enabled in settings, the phone won't unlock unless you are looking at the screen.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
While it might be my Google skills, I am having a hard time figuring out if Face ID works with most North American banks such as BB&T, Roobinhood, Discover and AmEx?

It seems like face ID on the new Pixel4 is not supported yet, but if I am to move from Android to Apple what would be my bet choice, 8 Plus or 11?

Face ID vs fingerprint?

Face ID isn’t supported on the iPhone 8+ either.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Face ID vs fingerprint?

The 8 Plus screen size is more comparable to the 11 Pro Max. Either would work well with banking apps, whether Touch ID or Face ID. I would assume most banking apps offer Face ID now. I use a 6s Plus, and Touch ID works great on my bank app.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The apps for my large market share bank and finance apps are all fine with facial recognition.

For some of the discussion think of phone vs screen size. We still have Plus phones in the family. Size is new meaning with the XS, XS Max and 11 in the family. It means how much screen.

I'd really miss all screen phones much like I miss my Apple Watch 4 against the 2 I'm using for backup while the 4 replacement is in transit.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that FaceID works with the Bank of America, USAA and Capital One mobile apps.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The 8 Plus screen size is more comparable to the 11 Pro Max. Either would work well with banking apps, whether Touch ID or Face ID. I would assume most banking apps offer Face ID now. I use a 6s Plus, and Touch ID works great on my bank app.

Humm . Not sure about that...but both should be OK with different banking apps.
a8c40c757f9a80ffb8bd8f97a6b15578.jpg

82664bdb834666efd13dfb49457f789f.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77