While it might be my Google skills, I am having a hard time figuring out if Face ID works with most North American banks such as BB&T, Roobinhood, Discover and AmEx?

It seems like face ID on the new Pixel4 is not supported yet, but if I am to move from Android to Apple what would be my bet choice, 8 Plus or 11?

Face ID vs fingerprint?
    12-15-2019 11:17 PM
    12-16-2019 05:43 AM
    Recently went from an i8 to an 11 Pro. Was skeptical about the Face ID but now I love it!
    12-16-2019 06:20 AM
    Welcome to iMore

I found TouchID for banking easier while using Apple Pay but FaceID works excellent on the iPhone so you can’t go wrong with either choice

Enjoy and Post Often
    Tartarus likes this.
    12-16-2019 06:35 AM
    I also recently came from a touch ID iPhone to a faceID iPhone and really like it. I thought I wouldn't like it but it turns out, it you have "Require Attention for Face ID" enabled in settings, the phone won't unlock unless you are looking at the screen.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    12-16-2019 08:29 AM
    While it might be my Google skills, I am having a hard time figuring out if Face ID works with most North American banks such as BB&T, Roobinhood, Discover and AmEx?

It seems like face ID on the new Pixel4 is not supported yet, but if I am to move from Android to Apple what would be my bet choice, 8 Plus or 11?

Face ID vs fingerprint?
    Face ID isn’t supported on the iPhone 8+ either.
    12-16-2019 06:39 PM

Face ID vs fingerprint?
    The 8 Plus screen size is more comparable to the 11 Pro Max. Either would work well with banking apps, whether Touch ID or Face ID. I would assume most banking apps offer Face ID now. I use a 6s Plus, and Touch ID works great on my bank app.
    12-17-2019 08:02 AM
    Either/or. They both work quite well for those apps you mentioned.
    12-17-2019 01:18 PM
    The apps for my large market share bank and finance apps are all fine with facial recognition.

For some of the discussion think of phone vs screen size. We still have Plus phones in the family. Size is new meaning with the XS, XS Max and 11 in the family. It means how much screen.

I'd really miss all screen phones much like I miss my Apple Watch 4 against the 2 I'm using for backup while the 4 replacement is in transit.
    12-17-2019 01:29 PM
    I can confirm that FaceID works with the Bank of America, USAA and Capital One mobile apps.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    12-17-2019 05:26 PM
    Welcome to iMore!!!

I confirm that FaceID works with Robinhood, Discover, and American Express.
    12-19-2019 08:43 PM
    I can confirm FaceID works with Chase.
    12-19-2019 09:28 PM
    The latest Pixel 4 XL leak provides us with our first glimpse of Google's facial recognition operation. It is much like the Apple Face identity proofing design, which requires users to turn their heads in a circle. But it offers a nice touch of useful additional information and choices along the way.

The leak (by the Android Police) from GenK reveals that Google first gives users a lot of details about how face recognition works. Four key points are listed in a note:
    • Photos and biometric data used by face unlock are safely stored and never leave the smartphone.
    • The photos and biometric data used are saved. You can always remove the info.

• If you're not searching for a mobile, you should disable it. If your mobile is held up when your eyes are open, someone else can unlock it.

• Anyone who looks much like you, say, an identical sibling will unlock your phone.
    Last edited by GabrielLuke; 01-20-2020 at 04:43 AM.
    01-16-2020 10:47 PM