Noise canceling headphones

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
what are some good noise canceling headphones recommendations. i’m looking at a Christmas gift for my uncle. what do you guys think about this
IMG_0173.JPG

Last edited:

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know that model but have experience with what follows.

The Sony WH-H900N are exceptionally fine for the money. I felt and you'll find reviewers who agree they top more known names and are close to their 1000 model. They're only $150 at COSTCO now. Amazon has them and so do others.

My opinion and my daughter loves here's is Beats Studio 3 Wireless are improved sound over past Beats models and they have the W1 chip. As has been posted in news here, Best Buy has them on sale. It's a different SKU on same but specs seem to be the same.

FWIW, this was interesting regarding the long established opinions on noise cancelling. I was on an international flight when a cabin crew noticed I had Sony and not Bose or Beats saying he also felt Sony is tops or knocked Bose off their pedestal but I have not tried the new 700 model. I have tried the earlier I and II 35 series against Sony and Beats.

Some criticism for several wireless models is noticing some delay with speech when you watch a video. I didn't notice that with Apple/Beats products that have the W1 chips.

There are lots of obsessive and detailed reviews out there surely better than mine. My main points are the COSTCO Sony and Best Buy Beats deals are good deals on pretty darn good stuff.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Cowins are decent value. Yes they are a notch below the Sony & Bose, BUT they offer decent sound and good noise cancellation for less than half the cost of the Sony or Bose models.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Bose QC-35’s. It is still the standard...:)

They are very good but I suggest trying the Sony 900 and 1000 models and Bose 700. Beats also have a different personality than past models. There is an extra bass Sony 900 model I've not tried.

The Cowins are decent value. Yes they are a notch below the Sony & Bose, BUT they offer decent sound and good noise cancellation for less than half the cost of the Sony or Bose models.

The Sony 900s have been $130-$150 lately and are so good I'd make that jump. The Sony models are not just improved noise cancellation but tremendous sound and an app to tweak that some more.

I won't say the Bose stuff we have is bad but it has a scooped sound and I don't think the Beats Studio 3 my daughter has offer the spacial sense or vocal quality my Sony and B&W have.

Overall it's nice to have so many fine choices and Bose not so alone with noise cancelling.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Sony 900s have been $130-$150 lately and are so good I'd make that jump. The Sony models are not just improved noise cancellation but tremendous sound and an app to tweak that some more.

Yea I might make the jump at that price too!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73