Why does low power mode not turn on automatically

steveg2112

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Coming from Android I find it odd that Low Power Mode has to manually enabled rather than coming on automatically when the battery reaches a certain level, e.g. 15%, as it does on android devices!
Am I missing something obvious or is Apple?

FYI, iPhone 11, OS 13.3

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. I'm glad you found us. In regards to your question, do you have it toggled on in Settings? If not, go to Settings>Battery>Lower Power Mode, and toggle it on. :)

steveg2112

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Hi Annie

I understand that I can manually activate low power mode at anytime as you outlined above, I also know that the phone will prompt me to activate it when the battery gets down to 20%, but I would really like the option for low power mode to be automatically activated at 20% (or maybe a user defined level) so that if I am away from the phone it doesn't need me to manually activate it!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
There is no setting for it to be enabled automatically at a given battery level.
You have to do it manually or when prompted.

I for one don’t want to cripple my device by having it automatically enabled.
Low Power mode makes the phone almost useless for me. I very much prefer it like it is now.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

The option is set up so you have the choice to plug in and avoid low power mode till 80% or go into low power mode to save battery life till your in the proper place to plug in

I know you can turn it off and not wait till it turns off on its own but a simple choice is easier than going into settings.

Low Power Mode limits a lot so I agree a choice is warranted

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't like Low Power Mode, as it changes how long my screen stays on. I have it set to 1 minute. Low Power Mode changes it to 30 seconds. If I want it, and can choose to enable it when it gets to 20% and offers the option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73