Alarm on Apple Watch or alarm/bedtime on iPhone?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
For those of you that use an iPhone along with an Apple Watch. What are your preferences for waking up in the morning. Do use the alarm on your watch only or the alarm on your phone only. Or do you use the bedtime feature on your phone? I’ve used the alarm feature on my watch for years but, I’ve just now become interested in the bedtime feature on the iPhone and the features it offers but I’ve never tried it. It looks like it’s somehow integrated with the alarm function on the iPhone. Can you use bedtime only to affectively wake you up in the morning and not be late for work?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just use my iPhone for an alarm clock. I put both my AW and iPhone on the charger at night and I've been using my iPhone for an alarm before I even purchased my AW's. I guess old habits are hard to break...LOL

mattyice92

Dec 2, 2019
Visit site
I use the alarm in Pandora on my iPhone. I wake up to music. Typically I set it to the Pink Floyd station for wake up. This is much better and more soothing than any alarm sound the watch OR the iPhone have...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For those of you that use an iPhone along with an Apple Watch. What are your preferences for waking up in the morning. Do use the alarm on your watch only or the alarm on your phone only. Or do you use the bedtime feature on your phone? I’ve used the alarm feature on my watch for years but, I’ve just now become interested in the bedtime feature on the iPhone and the features it offers but I’ve never tried it. It looks like it’s somehow integrated with the alarm function on the iPhone. Can you use bedtime only to affectively wake you up in the morning and not be late for work?

Sometimes I use the alarm feature on my watch, but most of the time, I use the alarm feature on my iPhone, primarily out of habit. Typically, I’m awake before it goes off so I end up disabling it minutes before and then get up and get ready for work. I’ve yet to use the bedtime feature.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just use the regular alarm in the clock app on my 6s Plus. The bedtime feature isn't loud enough for me. Not sure why they made the volume so low for that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use the alarm in Pandora on my iPhone. I wake up to music. Typically I set it to the Pink Floyd station for wake up. This is much better and more soothing than any alarm sound the watch OR the iPhone have...

I also use music, but the alarm in the clock app. I have several songs downloaded to use for alarms and various other uses. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Black Crowes, etc.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I also use music, but the alarm in the clock app. I have several songs downloaded to use for alarms and various other uses. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Black Crowes, etc.

When I do wake to music I have it set to Welcome To The Jungle by Gun’s n Roses

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Screenshots tell more than words:
53286753ae4df7ff84dce60454929d06.jpg
5b9d2d52b5de47cff83f947be29be5f8.jpg

But I usually do wake up after the first alarm goes off, which plays Drip On My Walk by Kodie Shane.
The other ones are there just in case I miss one off the first few.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Screenshots tell more than words:
53286753ae4df7ff84dce60454929d06.jpg
5b9d2d52b5de47cff83f947be29be5f8.jpg

But I usually do wake up after the first alarm goes off.
The other ones are there just in case I miss one off the first few.

I’ve noticed my daughter does the same thing with multiple alarms. Isn’t that what snooze for is for? Or maybe it’s safer in case you do turn on alarm off instead of snoozing it

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
We use multiple alarms in 15 minute increments. I believe snooze alarms are in 9 minute increments. My husband also uses different tones too. It’s quite effective. Of course we are near an Air Force base so we also hear reveille!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’ve noticed my daughter does the same thing with multiple alarms. Isn’t that what snooze for is for? Or maybe it’s safer in case you do turn on alarm off instead of snoozing it

I don’t know what snooze is. I don’t trust what I don’t know. Waking up is essential to start the day. I won’t take chances with snooze failing on me.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I use the alarm clock on my phone. I’ve been almost a year without an Apple Watch.

It seems to me that the iPhone alarm clock is easier to snooze for me who is lazy when it comes to waking up.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I use the kitty cat app. I also set two alarms on my phone, just in case, but the kitty app has never let me down, even on weekends. :(

iKevinJ

Feb 27, 2018
Visit site
I use an old otherwise retired iPhone 6s with the Alarm Clock HD app connected with an Apple dock to a set of powered Klipsch R-41PM speakers. I have different playlists for weekdays and weekends. Highly recommend the app and the speakers. I use my Apple Watch for an alarm when traveling.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I use an old otherwise retired iPhone 6s with the Alarm Clock HD app connected with an Apple dock to a set of powered Klipsch R-41PM speakers. I have different playlists for weekdays and weekends. Highly recommend the app and the speakers. I use my Apple Watch for an alarm when traveling.

Now that sounds like a bad *** alarm clock!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2