Home iMore Q&A > Ask a Question

Some categories missing in Apple maps "Nearby" feature

Asked: Dec 02 2019 | 6:47 pm EST 1701 Views 9 Answers View Best Answer

So it seems as if Apple made to "Nearby" feature of apple maps in Ireland after long last but some categories are missing such as "Hotels", Bars etc.

As can be seen from my screenshot I am seeing most of the categories but the same feature on apples website in a picture I have attached is showing other categories like "Hotels", "Fast Food" etc yet mine aren't.

does anyone know what is going on here

Thanks

Some categories missing in Apple maps "Nearby" feature-img_4073-2.jpg

Some categories missing in Apple maps "Nearby" feature-screenshot-2019-12-03-00.40.40.png

Best Answer

More Answers

Dec 03 2019 | 8:14 am EST Annie_M

Here’s my view:

I would definitely submit feedback to Apple.
Dec 04 2019 | 10:57 pm EST samduffy

yeah im not seeing all the other ones like you are. this feature only rolled out in Ireland recently so maybe its a bug with launch or maybe not all categories available yet in Ireland
Dec 06 2019 | 12:11 pm EST Ledsteplin

Looks like you're missing "Pizza" as well. That is bad! I would call Apple Support and ask about it. There may be a reason for it.
Dec 09 2019 | 11:15 pm EST samduffy

I feel this was a very patronising response and a jokey reaction. if thats the case its not funny just immature to be honest.
Dec 10 2019 | 8:09 am EST Ledsteplin

I feel this was a very patronising response and a jokey reaction. if thats the case its not funny just immature to be honest.
The "Pizza" part was meant to be funny. But calling Apple Support was not. I don't think anyone here has a solution for your issue. Maybe Apple Support will. Or at least explain why those items are missing.
Jan 06 2020 | 7:41 pm EST samduffy

I got in touch with Craig Fedherigi over email and he forwarded it onto the team, they got back to me today, they said its because thats the options they just decided to have for Ireland when the feature launched here, theyre considering maybe adding more in the future
Feb 18 2020 | 6:08 am EST Annie_M

they have added more
That’s fantastic! Thanks for sharing your update!