I have my series 5 and XR linked for email and they both receive it just fine. But does anyone know why when I delete an email off the watch it also deletes it off the phone, but not the other way around? When I delete a phone email the copy that’s on the watch is not affected.

I didn’t realize it was doing this at first and thought that as I cleared messages off my phone that it was clearing the watch too. Now I discover that there are hundreds of emails backed up on the watch and I’m concerned about using up memory.

What a pain! Is there a way to automatically clear the watch at the same time as the phone?
    Last edited by dkbllb; 11-26-2019 at 09:04 AM.
    11-25-2019 09:16 PM
    I have my series 5 and XR linked for email and they both receive it just fine. But does anyone know why when I delete an email off the watch it also deletes it off the phone, but not the other way around? When I delete a phone email the copy that’s on the watch is not affected.
    Try rebooting both devices because when I delete email from my iPhone 11 Pro Max, it gets deleted from my Series 5 Apple Watch and vice versa.

I didn’t realize it was doing this at first and thought that as I cleared messages off my phone that it was clearing the watch too. Now I discover that there are hundreds of emails backed up on the watch and I’m concerned about using up memory.

What a pain! Is there a way to automatically clear the watch at the same time as the phone?
    As stated above, try rebooting both devices and then re-trying.
    11-27-2019 09:07 PM
    Thank you! I had previously rebooted the phone but not the watch. I think it’s working now.
    11-27-2019 11:28 PM