Iphone battery remains at same percentage for extended period of time after unplugging from charger

batteryacid99

Nov 19, 2019
Visit site
I have an iphone xr 128gb and it’s now running the latest ios but this problem has existed on every ios i have had on it. I got my first xr back in March and this problem happened right away basically if you charge the phone from 60 to 80% after you unplug it, it will stay at 80 for a while depending on usage but longer than any other percentage (similar to what happens when you charge to 100). But if i unplug the phone and restart it right away the battery jumps up a couple of percent.

I took my first xr back after a few weeks and they gave me another one which at first i don’t think did this but now is definitely doing it. I have tried recalibration it and factory reset but it does not fix the problem.

Other people with iphone that i have talked to think i’m crazy does this happen to anyone else?

batteryacid99

Nov 19, 2019
Visit site
Anyone know why iPhones do this?. Doesn't seem to be anything online that mentions it thats why i thought it was something wrong with my particular devices

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know why iPhones do this?. Doesn't seem to be anything online that mentions it thats why i thought it was something wrong with my particular devices

It’s not only iPhones, every li-ion battery powered device that I have used has shown this behavior.
Technology isn’t that accurate yet to show decreases of battery level into minute precision.

Slash82

May 8, 2018
Visit site
That's pretty normal.
That percentage level of an Lithium Ion battery is more a "guess" than a real measurement.
It even sometimes needs to be calibrated and a bit of that is what's happening when you restart your device.

All your iPhone (or all other devices powered by Lithium Ion batteries) do is to measure what amount of power comes in and what gets out, compares it and gives you that percentage - but this measurement never is totally accurate, also depends how degraded your battery is, what temperature it's working and so on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711