Is apple using some sort of pattern recognition with Apple Maps?

I

iMore Question

I have car play in my truck, which is awesome... the morning after I updated to iOS 13, something new started: it seems that when I connect in the truck, the phone already knows where I'm going to go, and gives me directions to where I'm going, preloaded on the screen.
It was 530am, and directions to my workplace were waiting. When I left, directions yo my home were waiting.
On the weekends, I visit mom in the nursing home at lunchtime. Sure enough, on Saturday, directions to the nursing home were waiting for me when I started the truck at lunchtime. Same on Sunday.

It seems a little disconcerting to me that not the phone not only that Apple knows where I am (of course), but where I'm going and what time I'm going there. Learned pattern? I haven't been able to find anything with anyone talking about this, so I thought this would be the place to ask: Is this a known "new feature?" What the heck??

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Good morning.

What has happened is you have those locations set as favorites in Apple Maps. If you didn't set them manually, Maps "sees" that you travel to these locations frequently and remembers, and then assumes you are heading to these places when you get in your car.

To remove them, open Maps, and swipe up at the search bar. Yo can then select to see all your favorites and remove them from favorites, if you so choose.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join iMore.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations and then turn it off.

4340b871e516674c2855e3930746da35.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Trying not to derail the thread, but since this is related to Apple Maps, I'll post my question. Supposedly, the new version of Apple Maps is now available in Ohio, but I'm not sure how to tell!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox