I'm looking for some insight into upgrading from my 6S plus. I can get a refurbished iPhone X for ~$250 cheaper than the 11Pro but are the additional features of the 11Pro so good that it'll be worth spending more on?
    Annie_M likes this.
    10-24-2019 12:44 PM
    That is really a hard call! The X is a great phone and will receive updates for a few more years. But the features of the 11 and 11Pro are hard to argue with. I think the best advice is to get the best you can afford.
    10-24-2019 01:10 PM
    Thanks Annie, I was hoping that the X's camera would still hold up against the 11Pro but all reviews give the 11 Pro's camera and imaging system stellar marks.

I might just have to continue saving for a bit longer.
    10-24-2019 01:15 PM
    That is really a hard call! The X is a great phone and will receive updates for a few more years. But the features of the 11 and 11Pro are hard to argue with. I think the best advice is to get the best you can afford.
    I would recommend the 11 Pro, but just make sure your wallet agrees with your final decision

Trade-in could help, but it depends on your needs and how soon you want to upgrade.
    Spencerdl, aximtreo and rpac78 like this.
    10-24-2019 01:58 PM
    I would recommend the 11 Pro, but just make sure your wallet agrees with your final decision

Trade-in could help, but it depends on your needs and how soon you want to upgrade.
    That's a very good point. Trade-in's do cut the cost, depending on the model.
    Golurk likes this.
    10-24-2019 02:03 PM
    The 11 Pro is the top of the line , however I know a few people that purchased the iPhone 11 at a cheaper price and are most happy with it .
    Arkidelik, rpac78 and aximtreo like this.
    10-24-2019 02:55 PM
    I'm looking for some insight into upgrading from my 6S plus. I can get a refurbished iPhone X for ~$250 cheaper than the 11Pro but are the additional features of the 11Pro so good that it'll be worth spending more on?
    I kept my iPhone X longer than any other iPhone I’ve ever owned and I was tempted to keep it one more year. That’s how good of a smartphone the iPhone X was to me and a good deal of others.

With that being said, spending $250 on a refurbished iPhone is worth it, in my opinion. I do not think you will be disappointed in its performance or the performance of its camera. Besides, when next year’s iPhone comes out, people will talk about how great it is as of the iPhone 11 models aren’t. That’s just how it is.
    rpac78 and nikkisharif like this.
    10-24-2019 08:08 PM
    If you plan on skipping next year’s iPhone, then I’d recommend getting the 11 Pro.
    rpac78, Arkidelik, Golurk and 1 others like this.
    10-25-2019 05:58 AM
    $250 for an X is a great deal and the X will likely suit your needs just fine. That said, if camera quality and/or ridiculously good battery life are super important to you you’ll be happier with the 11 Pro. I’m not saying that the camera and battery life suck on the X, they’re just noticeably better on the 11 Pro. Up to you to decide if it’s worth the added expense.
    rpac78 and aximtreo like this.
    10-25-2019 06:09 AM
    Wow at that X pricing .... it’s a definite upgrade from the 6 series, but more importantly is how the bank account feels.
    In my country the X is still selling used at the equivalent of around 1000 USD after exchange rate.
    Either device is the same experience, but if it’s the camera then save for the 11 series.
    rpac78 likes this.
    10-26-2019 06:48 AM
    $250 is a lot to save. If the X is fully functional, I’d say go with the X. The 11 or 11 Pro is not $250 “better” IMO. That said, you held on to your current device for a long time, so if you plan to hold on to your new device for a long time then your best bet may be the newest device you can afford. Regardless best of luck with what you choose. Both are rock solid!
    aximtreo and rpac78 like this.
    10-28-2019 05:40 AM
    Thanks for all the good advice! I really appreciate it. I'm swinging towards getting the iPhone X (which is $250 cheaper). Coming from my 6S, I'm guessing I'll still be in awe of it's capabilities.
    10-28-2019 04:47 PM
    Thanks for all the good advice! I really appreciate it. I'm swinging towards getting the iPhone X (which is $250 cheaper). Coming from my 6S, I'm guessing I'll still be in awe of it's capabilities.
    It’s a huge jump!
    You’ll love it.
    rpac78 likes this.
    10-28-2019 05:56 PM
    You’ll love the iPhone X. My daughter has mine while I have the XS Max. The camera on the X is still good, battery life is also still good and the size is perfect for those not wanting a large device. It’ll still receive updates for a few more years and the A12 chip is still fast.
    rpac78 likes this.
    10-28-2019 09:02 PM
    If you're looking for the best bang for the buck, maybe the 11 would be a good fit. Better battery, more screen, much better camera, and not as harsh on the wallet as an 11 Pro.
    rpac78 likes this.
    10-29-2019 07:28 AM

I totally agree with this post. Trade-in in is always a good option, but I'm not sure what a 6s Plus value is at this time.
    I personally would go with the newest iPhone that I could afford.
    rpac78, aximtreo and Golurk like this.
    10-29-2019 08:15 AM
    Also check with your carrier on trade in options. Apple was only going to give me $200 for my 7+, but T-mobile gave me $350.
    aximtreo, rpac78 and Spencerdl like this.
    10-29-2019 08:59 AM