Scroll Bar iOS 13

Bbnivende

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely hate HATE the scroll bar feature. It is too easy to invoke when you don’t want it and difficult to invoke when you do. What a completely dumb feature.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely hate HATE the scroll bar feature. It is too easy to invoke when you don’t want it and difficult to invoke when you do. What a completely dumb feature.

I rarely use the scroll bar because it’s unnecessary, in my opinion, being that I can just use my finger in the middle of the screen to easily scroll. As for easily invoking it, that has NEVER happened in my experience and I don’t even notice the scroll bar a majority of the time.

Bbnivende

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Someone else posted the same problem on Reddit:

“ I recently updated to iOS 13 on an iPhone 7. The scrollbar scrubbing happens often and especially on Reddit. You’re scrolling, you get low enough where the scrollbar is near your thumb, it activates the haptic touch, and then throws your screen making you lose your place and your patience.

I tried reverting back to iOS 12 but it didn’t work (it kept me at iOS 13). Does anyone know how to turn this “feature” off? Or any advice? It’s driving me insane.”

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

“ I recently updated to iOS 13 on an iPhone 7. The scrollbar scrubbing happens often and especially on Reddit. You’re scrolling, you get low enough where the scrollbar is near your thumb, it activates the haptic touch, and then throws your screen making you lose your place and your patience.

I tried reverting back to iOS 12 but it didn’t work (it kept me at iOS 13). Does anyone know how to turn this “feature” off? Or any advice? It’s driving me insane.”

Dude, you’re here at iMore. If you wanted to ask a question, all you had to do was ask it. It doesn’t matter if someone else posted it offsite. Anyway, I’m not aware of a way to disable the scroll bar, but I’ll research for you to make sure.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn’t even know you could do that. I learned something, I’ll never use it though.

I’ve known about it for a while. With that being said, the OP states that’s it easily invoke when you don’t want it to. Heck, you have to first notice the scroll bar and then you have to tap and hold on it to activate it so I’m not understanding how it’s a problem.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

From what I can tell, there’s not a way to disable the scroll bar. It may be possible, but I haven’t discovered a way as of yet. Hopefully, others will offer recommendations that may assist you with your quest.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure whether or no to be embarrassed to admit that I’ve yet to notice it!

Check out the two screenshots below.

The first screenshot shows how it initially looks and the second screenshot shows how it looks when you tap and hold to use it.

2848ea748d1dec69bdc797d8f0655aac.jpg

6e68c2412778ff63f1c368f6ce5d396b.jpg

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Love this feature

I use it a lot on FB and my photos as well as news articles. It works perfect for me and the Haptic lets you know when it’s in use and if by accident which hasn’t happened to me all you need to do is lift your digit and you won’t loose your spot

Bbnivende

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Love this feature

I use it a lot on FB and my photos as well as news articles. It works perfect for me and the Haptic lets you know when it’s in use and if by accident which hasn’t happened to me all you need to do is lift your digit and you won’t loose your spot

Glad you like it. Just wish it was optional.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711