Scroll Bar iOS 13

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So now I know what a "scroll bar" is...LOL. I honestly never even noticed it nor have I ever used it...LOL. I just use my finger (Thumb to be exact). Thanks for the info OP. I definitely don't consider it to be annoying and really don't have a feeling positive or negative for it, however after a search I don't see a way to remove it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’ve seen the scroll bar but never thought to press it & definitely haven’t pressed it by accident. Very interesting feature...thanks for the info.

neologismist

Jan 12, 2021
Visit site
I’ve known about it for a while. With that being said, the OP states that’s it easily invoke when you don’t want it to. Heck, you have to first notice the scroll bar and then you have to tap and hold on it to activate it so I’m not understanding how it’s a problem.

Your response was more than a bit condescending ... just because you cannot fathom something doesn’t mean others can’t.

I scroll right handed, using my thumb. The scrub feature activates frequently as OP reported, when I scroll slowly. It is incredibly annoying and should be made optional.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your response was more than a bit condescending ... just because you cannot fathom something doesn’t mean others can’t.

I scroll right handed, using my thumb. The scrub feature activates frequently as OP reported, when I scroll slowly. It is incredibly annoying and should be made optional.

So you're going to skim over the part where i said, "....Anyway, I’m not aware of a way to disable the scroll bar, but I’ll research for you to make sure."

Also my follow up reply in which I said,

"From what I can tell, there’s not a way to disable the scroll bar. It may be possible, but I haven’t discovered a way as of yet. Hopefully, others will offer recommendations that may assist you with your quest."

neologismist

Jan 12, 2021
Visit site
So you're going to skim over the part where i said, "....Anyway, I’m not aware of a way to disable the scroll bar, but I’ll research for you to make sure."

Also my follow up reply in which I said,

"From what I can tell, there’s not a way to disable the scroll bar. It may be possible, but I haven’t discovered a way as of yet. Hopefully, others will offer recommendations that may assist you with your quest."

I didn’t skim over your response. I’m addressing the tone of your comments that, gosh, you’ve never seen it so this so OP must be an moron or someone who doesn’t know how to scroll. 👍

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
What is this for ? people with non operational thumbs ? this is a lot harder to work than just moving your thumb slightly, and if I tried this in split screen it would be in the middle of the screen,or on the left of the screen giving the secondary screen precedence ! I have noticed this bar before but assumed it to be an incidental artefact of split screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice