What is the square icon with star on some photos on ios13

I

iMore Question

What is the square icon with star on top right of some photos on ios13

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve never seen that so I do not know. Hopefully, those who have will reply soon.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join iMore.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I thought it was supposed to be related to the feature where if you for instance took a pic with the normal lens you could zoom it out after to the ultra-wide on the new 11 series phones but I can't remember how to do that offhand. I've seen the icon as well on various photos since I got my 11 Pro Max and I know I for sure did turn on the feature that allows you to zoom out after the fact.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Found the info on another site. That's what it's for..............

I'll admit, this feature is really confusing. Some photos I capture show the square-star icon, indicating that more information is available outside of the frame, but when I try to zoom out on the photo in the crop tool, there's nothing there. Other photos, like the one shown above, have a lot more to them.

It turns out there are two different ways of accessing the information captured outside the frame. The first is by opening a photo that has the square-start icon pointed out above, selecting the crop tool and zooming out.

However, if you try to zoom out on a photo and nothing happens, here's what you need to do: Select the Crop tool, then tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner and select Use Content Outside the Frame. If you've already cropped and straightened the photo, you'll see a warning about resetting your previous crops. Tap to accept it, and you can then edit the ultrawide shot

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711