Which would you rather have a iPhone or a computer?

Mar 22, 2019
Visit site
To those who are or had been an entrepreneur is it necessary to have both iPhone and a computer? Or having any of the two is enough? Place yourself in the shoes of a startup wherein every penny counts in your business.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Depends on your needs but I imagine most businesses would need something more than a smartphone. Yes, every penny counts but an entrepreneur needs to be willing to invest in the tools needed to make their business run efficiently, even if it costs more money. Macs are not cheap computers but you can pick up a Chromebook for a couple hundred bucks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To those who are or had been an entrepreneur is it necessary to have both iPhone and a computer? Or having any of the two is enough? Place yourself in the shoes of a startup wherein every penny counts in your business.

You are more than likely going to need both. I would start with the iPhone since it could be a primary communications device and you’re more likely to be able to get by with communicating and working with documents, spreadsheets, etcetera until you get your computer.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You are more than likely going to need both. I would start with the iPhone since it could be a primary communications device and you’re more likely to be able to get by with communicating and working with documents, spreadsheets, etcetera until you get your computer.

100% agree. I should have been more clear in my response. A smartphone is a must, but it’s likely they’ll need something more at some point.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My GFs boss has one of those iPad powered POS systems that do much more than just sales but I’m assuming he has a MacBook at home

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I agree with this!

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
A phone can never be as productive as a PC. I’m so much faster on a pc than a phone but the phone is ultra portable. A PC is also cheap, really cheap. I just built a new pc for work and it costs less then $500

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Depends on the business. As a photographer I have an iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro.

However, from a financial standpoint, the big ticket items were the cameras and lenses.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Place yourself in the shoes of a startup wherein every penny counts in your business.

I would honestly figure out a way to get both at the same time. A smartphone has its purpose, and accepting a phone call is easier on a phone than a Mac. However, typing out long documents, spreadsheets, etc, would be easier on a PC.