I traded in my iPhone 7 for the iPhone 11 yesterday. I’m still getting used to the big screen and no home button. Do you think Apple will revert back to the original size of the iPhone like the SE was. It’s kind of hard to hold it with one hand.
    10-18-2019 08:50 PM
    I traded in my iPhone 7 for the iPhone 11 yesterday. I’m still getting used to the big screen and no home button. Do you think Apple will revert back to the original size of the iPhone like the SE was. It’s kind of hard to hold it with one hand.
    There are rumors floating around in regard to a new generation of iPhone SE models, but whether or not those rumors are true remains to be seen. The larger screen are in demand right now so I’m sure they will focus more of them until the demand shift back to smaller screens, in my opinion.
    Chris Cook5 and kataran like this.
    10-18-2019 08:53 PM
    Maybe, but I like the size of the Xr and the 11. For me its the perfect fit.
    Golurk likes this.
    10-18-2019 09:02 PM
    Is there a way to use it better with one hand or just take time to get used to
    10-18-2019 09:08 PM
    I would just take the time to get used to it. Coming from the iPhone X, my iPhone 11 Pro Max seemed huge for about a week, but now it just feels normal.
    10-18-2019 09:24 PM
    I would just take the time to get used to it. Coming from the iPhone X, my iPhone 11 Pro Max seemed huge for about a week, but now it just feels normal.
    I am the reverse. Coming from an XS Max to an 11 pro took me a while to get used to the decrease in size. Now I just miss the extra battery life but the size is perfect
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-18-2019 09:26 PM
    As each phone has gotten bigger I thought it was too big and then I adapted. I was concerned the Pro Max would be over the top but I got used to it pretty quick. I hold it flat in the palm of my hand to use it one handed rather than gripping the sides.
    10-19-2019 01:24 AM
    I love “reachability” just swipe down on the white bar at the bottom of the screen.
    10-19-2019 07:44 AM
    Apple will never revert back to a 3.5” screen but I can see them continuing to offer a model similar to iPhone SE (which has a 4” display, larger than the original iPhone). There will always be a percentage of users like you who want a small form factor. The vast majority want something larger though, so that will continue to be Apple’s main focus for the foreseeable future.
    TgeekB, Golurk and dmoskaluk like this.
    10-19-2019 07:49 AM
    Apple will never revert back to a 3.5” screen but I can see them continuing to offer a model similar to iPhone SE (which has a 4” display, larger than the original iPhone). There will always be a percentage of users like you who want a small form factor. The vast majority want something larger though, so that will continue to be Apple’s main focus for the foreseeable future.
    I agree.
    I’m hoping the rumors of the smaller iPhone 8 style SE are true. While I understand most people like the larger screen to watch movies, play games etc., I want something that I can put in my pocket and forget its there. My Xr is at the max of those limits.
    10-19-2019 08:54 AM
    I wonder how much the demand for a large screen really is? To a degree, all phone OEMs are not offering a small form factor to even offer a choice to the consumer on screen size.
    10-19-2019 08:58 AM
    I wonder how much the demand for a large screen really is? To a degree, all phone OEMs are not offering a small form factor to even offer a choice to the consumer on screen size.
    I really think a big part of it was to allow them to charge more. Seems odd they wouldn’t provide choice. If Apple does come out with an SE2 then you can bet they felt pushback.
    10-19-2019 09:19 AM
    I really think a big part of it was to allow them to charge more. Seems odd they wouldn’t provide choice. If Apple does come out with an SE2 then you can bet they felt pushback.
    I wouldn't be surprised at the charging more idea.
    10-19-2019 11:06 AM
    Personally, I prefer a larger phone. Yet, at the same time, I realize that there are many different preferences out there, and I think it would be smart of Apple to offer as many options as possible to its customers. Rumors about a new SE are exciting for many. However, due to reports that the new SE will probably be the same size as the iPhone 8. I’m not sure if Apple will ever produce a 4 inch phone again, because of larger batteries.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    10-19-2019 11:55 AM
    I love “reachability” just swipe down on the white bar at the bottom of the screen.
    Is there a way to keep reachability ON without it popping up after A few seconds?

Do you just have to rearrange your apps to be able to get to the apps that Reachability hides
    10-19-2019 12:32 PM
    This might be a weird question but, I’m coming from an iPhone 7, which is easier to hold the 11 or the 11 Pro
    10-19-2019 05:01 PM
    I had an 11, liked it except it felt too big & bulky, so I gave it away for an 11 Pro. The 11 Pro is OK for me now, but I'm still dreaming of an iPhone the size, thinness and light weight of an 8, with a X-type screen with tiny bezels. Would even sacrifice some battery hours in return. What I would miss though is the quality of the camera, in particular of the night mode, which is awesome. So I hope for an 8-sized SE2 (?), with FaceID, one lens only would be ok if sensor & sophisticated 11/Pro software would be included.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-20-2019 07:58 AM
    I had an 11, liked it except it felt too big & bulky, so I gave it away for an 11 Pro. The 11 Pro is OK for me now, but I'm still dreaming of an iPhone the size, thinness and light weight of an 8, with a X-type screen with tiny bezels. Would even sacrifice some battery hours in return. What I would miss though is the quality of the camera, in particular of the night mode, which is awesome. So I hope for an 8-sized SE2 (?), with FaceID, one lens only would be ok if sensor & sophisticated 11/Pro software would be included.
    To me, most cameras on phones are perfectly ok. I know some people want the best camera possible (not sure why). It’s not like I’m posting pictures from my phone in an art gallery. All these “better” cameras do is raise the price.
    The rest I agree with you on.
    xanadome likes this.
    10-20-2019 08:19 AM
    This might be a weird question but, I’m coming from an iPhone 7, which is easier to hold the 11 or the 11 Pro
    For the 11.
    10-20-2019 08:23 AM

I guess this would depend on the size of the persons hand and what they prefer. I found the (5s, 6, 7, X, 11 ectra), smaller iPhones somewhat "cramped" and harder to hold for me compared to their larger counterparts. I for one was ecstatic when Apple released the 6 Plus and all other large iPhones going forward.

Yes, I do think Apple will release another "SE" like device.
    10-20-2019 09:31 AM
    To me, most cameras on phones are perfectly ok. I know some people want the best camera possible (not sure why). It’s not like I’m posting pictures from my phone in an art gallery. All these “better” cameras do is raise the price.
    The rest I agree with you on.
    I felt exactly the same as you, never was too keen on getting the latest & greatest phone camera....until I tried the night mode of the 11 Pro.
    Just recently, at night, I went to an old gothic cathedral in my home town, and took some indoor pictures, which turned out to be breathtaking. I still wonder how Apple did that. It really is a game changer, imho.
    10-20-2019 10:26 AM
    I felt exactly the same as you, never was too keen on getting the latest & greatest phone camera....until I tried the night mode of the 11 Pro.
    Just recently, at night, I went to an old gothic cathedral in my home town, and took some indoor pictures, which turned out to be breathtaking. I still wonder how Apple did that. It really is a game changer, imho.
    I’m sure it is and I bet you got some breathtaking pics!
    10-20-2019 10:27 AM
    I hold it flat in the palm of my hand to use it one handed rather than gripping the sides.
    I don’t practice the Palm hold unless I’m home on the couch because when I’m out and about an elbow bump will cause a lot of damage
    Annie_8plus and Chris Cook5 like this.
    10-20-2019 10:40 AM
    I would love for Apple to have a smaller option. I use a X & XS daily and I’m pretty content. I had the a few Plus models, and I just can’t imagine going back to something that large. If Apple releases a smaller device, I would definitely try it out.
    kataran likes this.
    10-20-2019 11:39 AM
    I don’t practice the Palm hold unless I’m home on the couch because when I’m out and about an elbow bump will cause a lot of damage
    I paid more attention to how I hold it this morning and it’s more like half palm and half lower part of the fingers. So more stable than a palm grip but admittedly not as secure as gripping the sides. I just kind of naturally settled there. If I have it out when out and about I’m either looking at a list or looking something up briefly and two handing it so more stable. I’m a light user so my risk factor is relatively low.
    kataran likes this.
    10-20-2019 02:51 PM
45 12