Do you think Apple will revert back to the original size of the iPhone?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I traded in my iPhone 7 for the iPhone 11 yesterday. I’m still getting used to the big screen and no home button. Do you think Apple will revert back to the original size of the iPhone like the SE was. It’s kind of hard to hold it with one hand.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: 11 vs 7

I traded in my iPhone 7 for the iPhone 11 yesterday. I’m still getting used to the big screen and no home button. Do you think Apple will revert back to the original size of the iPhone like the SE was. It’s kind of hard to hold it with one hand.

There are rumors floating around in regard to a new generation of iPhone SE models, but whether or not those rumors are true remains to be seen. The larger screen are in demand right now so I’m sure they will focus more of them until the demand shift back to smaller screens, in my opinion.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

Maybe, but I like the size of the Xr and the 11. For me its the perfect fit.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to use it better with one hand or just take time to get used to

I would just take the time to get used to it. Coming from the iPhone X, my iPhone 11 Pro Max seemed huge for about a week, but now it just feels normal.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I would just take the time to get used to it. Coming from the iPhone X, my iPhone 11 Pro Max seemed huge for about a week, but now it just feels normal.

I am the reverse. Coming from an XS Max to an 11 pro took me a while to get used to the decrease in size. Now I just miss the extra battery life but the size is perfect

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
As each phone has gotten bigger I thought it was too big and then I adapted. I was concerned the Pro Max would be over the top but I got used to it pretty quick. I hold it flat in the palm of my hand to use it one handed rather than gripping the sides.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apple will never revert back to a 3.5” screen but I can see them continuing to offer a model similar to iPhone SE (which has a 4” display, larger than the original iPhone). There will always be a percentage of users like you who want a small form factor. The vast majority want something larger though, so that will continue to be Apple’s main focus for the foreseeable future.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Apple will never revert back to a 3.5” screen but I can see them continuing to offer a model similar to iPhone SE (which has a 4” display, larger than the original iPhone). There will always be a percentage of users like you who want a small form factor. The vast majority want something larger though, so that will continue to be Apple’s main focus for the foreseeable future.

I agree.
I’m hoping the rumors of the smaller iPhone 8 style SE are true. While I understand most people like the larger screen to watch movies, play games etc., I want something that I can put in my pocket and forget its there. My Xr is at the max of those limits.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how much the demand for a large screen really is? To a degree, all phone OEMs are not offering a small form factor to even offer a choice to the consumer on screen size.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I wonder how much the demand for a large screen really is? To a degree, all phone OEMs are not offering a small form factor to even offer a choice to the consumer on screen size.

I really think a big part of it was to allow them to charge more. Seems odd they wouldn’t provide choice. If Apple does come out with an SE2 then you can bet they felt pushback.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I really think a big part of it was to allow them to charge more. Seems odd they wouldn’t provide choice. If Apple does come out with an SE2 then you can bet they felt pushback.

I wouldn't be surprised at the charging more idea.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Personally, I prefer a larger phone. Yet, at the same time, I realize that there are many different preferences out there, and I think it would be smart of Apple to offer as many options as possible to its customers. Rumors about a new SE are exciting for many. However, due to reports that the new SE will probably be the same size as the iPhone 8. I’m not sure if Apple will ever produce a 4 inch phone again, because of larger batteries.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I love “reachability” just swipe down on the white bar at the bottom of the screen.

Is there a way to keep reachability ON without it popping up after A few seconds?

Do you just have to rearrange your apps to be able to get to the apps that Reachability hides

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I had an 11, liked it except it felt too big & bulky, so I gave it away for an 11 Pro. The 11 Pro is OK for me now, but I'm still dreaming of an iPhone the size, thinness and light weight of an 8, with a X-type screen with tiny bezels. Would even sacrifice some battery hours in return. What I would miss though is the quality of the camera, in particular of the night mode, which is awesome. So I hope for an 8-sized SE2 (?), with FaceID, one lens only would be ok if sensor & sophisticated 11/Pro software would be included.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I had an 11, liked it except it felt too big & bulky, so I gave it away for an 11 Pro. The 11 Pro is OK for me now, but I'm still dreaming of an iPhone the size, thinness and light weight of an 8, with a X-type screen with tiny bezels. Would even sacrifice some battery hours in return. What I would miss though is the quality of the camera, in particular of the night mode, which is awesome. So I hope for an 8-sized SE2 (?), with FaceID, one lens only would be ok if sensor & sophisticated 11/Pro software would be included.

To me, most cameras on phones are perfectly ok. I know some people want the best camera possible (not sure why). It’s not like I’m posting pictures from my phone in an art gallery. All these “better” cameras do is raise the price.
The rest I agree with you on.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This might be a weird question but, I’m coming from an iPhone 7, which is easier to hold the 11 or the 11 Pro

I guess this would depend on the size of the persons hand and what they prefer. I found the (5s, 6, 7, X, 11 ectra), smaller iPhones somewhat "cramped" and harder to hold for me compared to their larger counterparts. I for one was ecstatic when Apple released the 6 Plus and all other large iPhones going forward.

Yes, I do think Apple will release another "SE" like device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234