How to unlock old ipad with activation lock when I don't remember the apple id password?

I

iMore Question

Hi! I have digged out my old ipad and want to start using it again. Unfortunately i have totally forgotten what my password is on the apple id as I created a different apple id for the ipad and my iphones... In addition, I set it back to fabric settings without knowing that it would be locked to the apple id with the activation lock... What do I do ? Some shady internet tips is telling me to download an app that can unlock it, but is not able to do so when the ipad is not activated, and my ipad is unactivated and locked. I have tried to use the security questions, but I don't remember the answers, as they are like 6 years old or something. Also, I have tried to change the password, but it is not possible because the email is an icloud.com adress which is no actual email. Have anyone had the same problem ? Or know how to unlock it? The ipad is running ios 9 i think. Please! Thank you!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi and welcome to iMore, sorry but without the passwords, there's nothing anybody can help you with. May I suggest contacting Apple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You've probably noticed that when you buy a new device from Apple and enter data from your Apple ID, contacts, documents, and saved passwords are immediately downloaded to the device. I don't argue - it's very convenient. But imagine if your account data falls into the hands of an attacker? He will also just have access to all your information.

Am I missing something? If the information downloads onto the device then in order for the attacker to help themselves to my data, they first have to have access to my device. Isn’t that right?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
You've probably noticed that when you buy a new device from Apple and enter data from your Apple ID, contacts, documents, and saved passwords are immediately downloaded to the device. I don't argue - it's very convenient. But imagine if your account data falls into the hands of an attacker? He will also just have access to all your information.

Good afternoon.

Just an FYI, but you're replying to a 10 month old thread. :)

Welcome to iMore.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner