Home iMore Q&A > Ask a Question

How do you change Face ID settings?

Asked: Oct 10 2019 | 8:40 am EDT 517 Views 7 Answers View Best Answer

I know Face ID & Passcodes is in > Settings but I don't see it on my iPhone 11. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Oct 10 2019 | 10:24 am EDT Ledsteplin

I appreciate the answer but I go to > Settings and Face ID & Passcodes just isn't there! I think I'm gonna stop by the Verizon store and have them take a look at it for me. I'll get back with you and let you know what they say/do.
Try a hard reset (reboot). If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.

More Answers

Oct 10 2019 | 10:03 am EDT Lee_Bo

I know Face ID & Passcodes is in > Settings but I don't see it on my iPhone 11. Any suggestions?
Hey there @marcusmoore. Welcome to iMore.

On my 11 (Pro Max) it's Settings / Face ID & Passcode. Here you can (1) Set Up an Alternate Apperance, or (2) Reset Face ID.

When you get done, stroll on over to the new members section and introduce yourself to the community:

https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-...yourself-here/

Hope this helped.
Oct 10 2019 | 10:08 am EDT marcusmoore

I appreciate the answer but I go to > Settings and Face ID & Passcodes just isn't there! I think I'm gonna stop by the Verizon store and have them take a look at it for me. I'll get back with you and let you know what they say/do.
Oct 10 2019 | 10:15 am EDT Lee_Bo

Very odd. According to this iMore article, it should be there:

https://www.imore.com/how-set-face-id-iphone
Oct 10 2019 | 12:47 pm EDT marcusmoore

I did the Reset All Settings and it worked! Had to go back and redo a couple things but no biggie. Now the question is how to do I set it up to where I can use Face ID for apps such as Waze and Enpass?
Oct 10 2019 | 1:02 pm EDT Lee_Bo

I did the Reset All Settings and it worked! Had to go back and redo a couple things but no biggie. Now the question is how to do I set it up to where I can use Face ID for apps such as Waze and Enpass?
Sweet!! Glad to hear you got it working.

Once you have Face ID set up, the apps themselves will need to be configured to log in using that.
Oct 11 2019 | 10:53 am EDT Ledsteplin

Those options should be in the apps, if they offer it.