My iPad, and iPhone automatically updated to iOS 13.1.2 last night at 3 am.
    Gmail then sent random emails to random people between 3 am and 3:30 am. They were old emails mostly from 2016, that had never been sent to those recipients. Some people received 5 and 6 emails .
    Needless to say, I received many emails today from people wondering why I was sending random emails from 2016.
    I talked to apple support..; they say it is a gmail problem.
    I can’t find any information on this problem when I google it.
    Anyone else have this problem ?
    10-09-2019 09:14 PM
    I haven't had anything like this. It's the first I've heard of it. Did Apple offer any suggestions?
    10-09-2019 09:23 PM
    Welcome to iMore! I’m sorry you’re having this issue. Since Apple thinks it’s a Gmail issue, you might try contacting Gmail support: https://support.google.com/accounts?...#topic=3382296

In order to continue this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!
    10-09-2019 09:34 PM
    Is it just me, or does Apple always blame someone else?
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    10-10-2019 07:05 AM
    Is it just me, or does Apple always blame someone else?
    It’s not just Apple,it is everyone,
    No company ever did it,or had ever heard of that problem before !
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    10-10-2019 07:25 AM
    I have exactly the same problem. If it us not an Apple issue why did it happen only after an APPLE UPGRADE?
    10-10-2019 10:21 AM
    I have exactly the same problem. If it us not an Apple issue why did it happen only after an APPLE UPGRADE?
    I have a different problem with g-mail. I used to click on my junk mail, select all, hit delete, and delete all. Now I have to delete each junk mail, then it goes to trash and I have to delete them a second time in trash.
    10-10-2019 05:47 PM
    App makers are responsible for updating their apps to conform to new iOS releases. Not the other way around.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    10-10-2019 09:13 PM
    No GMail issues while using Spark Email .......in fact , ‘I’ of all people ( very ‘unadventurous’ in the digital world) am trialing a Beta Dark Mode for Spark by Readdle. It’s been great so far ,,,,,
    Dwood1970 likes this.
    10-11-2019 05:37 PM
    I have a different problem with g-mail. I used to click on my junk mail, select all, hit delete, and delete all. Now I have to delete each junk mail, then it goes to trash and I have to delete them a second time in trash.
    You shouldn't have to delete junk emails one at a time. There is a delete all option. If there's a lot, it might take it 30 seconds to a minute, depending on how many there are.
    Tap "edit" in upper right corner > tap "select all" in upper left corner > tap "delete" in lower right corner.
    10-14-2019 05:28 PM
    You shouldn't have to delete junk emails one at a time. There is a delete all option. If there's a lot, it might take it 30 seconds to a minute, depending on how many there are.
    Tap "edit" in upper right corner > tap "select all" in upper left corner > tap "delete" in lower right corner.
    Thank you. That’s what I used to do and they didn’t go into the trash bin they were deleted. Now they they added a step as they go into trash. You have to delete from trash.
    10-14-2019 05:35 PM
    My iPad, and iPhone automatically updated to iOS 13.1.2 last night at 3 am.
    Gmail then sent random emails to random people between 3 am and 3:30 am. They were old emails mostly from 2016, that had never been sent to those recipients. Some people received 5 and 6 emails .
    Needless to say, I received many emails today from people wondering why I was sending random emails from 2016.
    I can’t find any information on this problem when I google it.
    Anyone else have this problem ?
    Like the others, I’ve not heard of anything like that and I’ve yet to experience anything like that. Hopefully, the issue will resolve itself and not happen again.
    10-14-2019 05:42 PM
    Thank you. That’s what I used to do and they didn’t go into the trash bin they were deleted. Now they they added a step as they go into trash. You have to delete from trash.
    You don't have to delete from trash. Emails in trash eventually delete on their own. I think they stay in trash 30 days, then they're deleted permanently.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    10-15-2019 11:35 AM
    You don't have to delete from trash. Emails in trash eventually delete on their own. I think they stay in trash 30 days, then they're deleted permanently.
    Thank you sir.
    10-15-2019 12:46 PM
    App makers are responsible for updating their apps to conform to new iOS releases. Not the other way around.
    OP and the other poster having the problem didn't specify whether they were using the gmail app or the native email app. If it's the native app, it's likely on Apple.
    10-15-2019 01:07 PM
    OP and the other poster having the problem didn't specify whether they were using the gmail app or the native email app. If it's the native app, it's likely on Apple.
    Not necessarily. If Gmail is having issues, they may show in the stock Mail app. I've had problems with Outlook mail before in the stock Mail app. And Microsoft had to fix it, not Apple.
    10-15-2019 04:06 PM
    Perhaps updating to iOS 13.1.3 might take care of the issue for you.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    10-15-2019 05:59 PM
    Since for me personally all is working so well, I'm going to do 'a few turns in the hold' before doing any more updating ( maybe a week of simply reading feedback every day or so.....)

But re the Gmail / Mail app difficulties many seem to have, I'm brought back to no end of grief on probably my 4S where the Mail app & Gmail didn't work well at all. My old 'Exchange' account ( a work mail thing) helped but it got costly once I changed devices from the 4S. The Google GMail app was better but far from perfect. I used 'Outlook' as a mail client until it required 2 step authentication to also handle my iCloud mail, so I settled on 'Mail' for my iCloud account, and Spark for my GMail ( I can't stand the current Outlook presentation) . Spark has served me very very well on GMail and should soon support Dark mode. I have the Dark Mode Spark Beta and it's totally polished.

When 'Mail' and Gmail didn't work well ( probably circa 2012/13) I was advised ( on another popular -at the time - Forum , that Apple and Google were bad bedfellows as essentially directly in competition with each other thus the 'lack of mesh' was to be expected. Then I said Hmmmmm... much as I do today....
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 10-15-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    10-15-2019 06:15 PM
    Perhaps updating to iOS 13.1.3 might take care of the issue for you.
    That must have dropped today. I've been too busy to notice.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    10-15-2019 08:41 PM
    10-15-2019 10:02 PM