I just upgraded to iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 yesterday. Almost every time I use the share sheet, it's to save an article to Instapaper or Pocket. But now the first option I see is to share the item via Message to my mother, who passed away at the beginning of June. (I literally haven't called or texted her in 4 months, so why is an icon with her name on it showing up now?) Is there some way I can remove this icon without deleting her as a contact? I'm not ready to do that just yet.
    10-08-2019 06:57 AM
    Welcome to iMore! First of all, let me express my deepest sympathy for your loss. I still have my Mother listed in my contacts, and she's been gone for several years. I completely understand how difficult it is for you to delete her. From what I understand about the redesign of the share sheet in iOS 13 is that it's "intelligent". It suggests contacts that are your favorites. I'm not sure if this will be the right solution, but it might be worth a shot. If you have your Mother listed as one of your favorites in your contacts, you might try removing her as a favorite. Hopefully, this will remedy your situation.

And finally, in order to continue this conversation, you may want to consider registering for an account here on iMore. If you're interested, click here to learn how to sign up!
    kataran and nikkisharif like this.
    10-08-2019 09:30 AM