I started a one-month subscription to Apple Music. I average about 2 songs per month bought on iTunes. The thing I don’t like about Apple Music is, if you decide to cancel you lose the songs you added to your library despite the songs bought on iTunes that stays there. What do you guys do?
    10-02-2019 03:55 PM
    I started a one-month subscription to Apple Music. I average about 1-3 songs per month bought on iTunes. The thing I don’t like about Apple Music is, if you decide to cancel you lose the songs you added to your library despite the songs bought on iTunes that stays there.
    Exactly, only songs added through Music are lost when you cancel your subscription.
    Purchased songs don’t get deleted.
    What do you guys do?
    I don’t cancel my Music subscription.
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    10-02-2019 04:01 PM
    Do you buy songs on iTunes or just subscribe to Apple Music
    10-02-2019 04:05 PM
    Just subscribe to Music.
    The last time I bought a songs is 4 years ago.
    And therefore 10 years ago.
    I’m not big on buying.
    10-02-2019 04:07 PM
    Back in the day I use to buy a CD for for one or two songs before iTunes became available
    10-02-2019 04:08 PM
    It depends on your personal "music behavior" if it works for you.

True, you lose all songs if you cancel your Apple Music.
    If you listen to a lot of music and if you just download songs you would never buy otherwise it's great.

I (personally) just tried it out just for being curios and I'm sticking with it.
    Downloaded so many albums and songs I remember from past, listening to new songs I heard on radio, checking out new artists or just browsing suggested music etc. gives me some freedom I won't like to miss anymore.
    If you are like that it's prefect - unlimited access to lots of music.

Downloaded songs to my devices for being on the road without any internet access.

But if you are like: I only download 3 songs a month for $99 and that's enough, it's not for you.
    10-02-2019 04:09 PM
    Another happy Apple Music subscriber here. I use it all the time and have quite a few playlists.
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    10-03-2019 06:01 AM
    I do both. Love Apple Music but if there’s licensing issues in the future, a song or album can be removed. For those albums/songs that I absolutely love, I buy them.
    10-09-2019 01:43 PM
    I do both. Love Apple Music but if there’s licensing issues in the future, a song or album can be removed. For those albums/songs that I absolutely love, I buy them.
    This.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-09-2019 01:45 PM
    Do you think artists would rather you buy their music or stream their music because of what you mentioned about licensing
    10-09-2019 02:17 PM
    Do you think artists would rather you buy their music or stream their music because of what you mentioned about licensing
    The artists don't likely care, as long as they get their royalties. But they may like the exposure streaming offers.
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    10-09-2019 02:26 PM