I just got this email from “Apple ID.“ This is a phishing scam to get me to click the link, right?

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: I just got this email from “Apple ID. This is a phishing scam to get me to click the link, righ

I got the same email a couple of weeks ago. I’m positive it’s a scam. I deleted the email. I also got some crazy “your account is locked” pop ups on my MacBook Pro!!!! I since factory reset my laptop and have not had a problem since. These hackers are out of control!!!

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: I just got this email from “Apple ID. This is a phishing scam to get me to click the link, righ

I got the same email a couple of weeks ago. I’m positive it’s a scam. I deleted the email. I also got some crazy “your account is locked” pop ups on my MacBook Pro!!!! I since factory reset my laptop and have not had a problem since. These hackers are out of control!!!

That’s what I figured, due to weird wording and random capitalization. Thanks for confirming!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

That’s what I figured, due to weird wording and random capitalization. Thanks for confirming!

When you get an email from Apple, tap on the email address in the ‘from’ section.
You will see the precise email address it was sent from.
If it doesn’t end op @Apple.com, it 100% sure is a scam.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It's always good to share these incidents with us when they happen because it helps everyone to be aware, so thanks!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
A few things stand out like a sore thumb:

1 - The word "acttivity" in the subject line
2 - "We recommend to you to...." Huh???
3 - "before 24 hours" should read "in the next 24 hours".
4 - Why is "Permanently Locked" capitalized?
5 - "You can update your account at here". Again....Huh?????

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234