13.1 Beta and New Phone Coming?

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Currently on iOS 13.1 Public Beta most recent version. First year on Beta with new phone on the way or I should say year with a beta more advanced than what will ship and be available launch day. I’ve spoken to Apple and nobody can give me a firm response. My thoughts:

1. New device arrives
2. Setup as new
3. Download Beta Profile for 13.1
4. Restore from backup with matching Beta
*But this requires that Beta is available to iPhone 11 at launch.

Now again this would be the most logical instance. But I’m getting anything but logical responses from Apple. One supervisor agreed, one said won’t know til new phones ship as some may ship with 12.4.1 still, one said will ship with 13 and I will need to set up from scratch which we all know can be a nightmare! So anybody have a firm answer here? Thanks in advance. And FYI- I use iTunes to backup. Only thing in iCloud is my Calendar and Contacts.

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Currently on iOS 13.1 Public Beta most recent version. First year on Beta with new phone on the way or I should say year with a beta more advanced than what will ship and be available launch day. I’ve spoken to Apple and nobody can give me a firm response. My thoughts:

1. New device arrives
2. Setup as new
3. Download Beta Profile for 13.1
4. Restore from backup with matching Beta
*But this requires that Beta is available to iPhone 11 at launch.

Now again this would be the most logical instance. But I’m getting anything but logical responses from Apple. One supervisor agreed, one said won’t know til new phones ship as some may ship with 12.4.1 still, one said will ship with 13 and I will need to set up from scratch which we all know can be a nightmare! So anybody have a firm answer here? Thanks in advance. And FYI- I use iTunes to backup. Only thing in iCloud is my Calendar and Contacts.

I would go with your outline as I’m doing the same.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Your outline is good.
You can bet on it that the newest updates will be available for the iPhone 11 from the get go.

Also, if you have your current iPhone next to the 11, and if you have everything enabled iCloud, setting up the iPhone 11 won’t be that much of a hassle because you can still peek on your current device. Don’t overthink it.
Set the new device as new and go from there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro