wide lens vs more zooming

I

iMore Question

This question is merely to see what folks speculate. I'm aware most folks here aren't part of apples team and thus can only guess why. that out of the way, my question.

I wonder why apple gave us a wide angle lens instead of a 4x zoom lens?

being you can do panorama shots which seem to me to be just as good, for landscaping and digital zoom isn't nearly as good as optical zoom.

I can see a parent in the back row of their kids violin performance wishing they had a 4x optical zoom lens over a 0.5 lens for the next time they visit the grand canyon, or maybe a better shot of a bird in a tree in their yard, zoomed in vs just a wide angle shot of their yard. LOL maybe a photo at a concert stuck in the nose bleed seats, and wanting a picture of the singer that isn't just a bury smudge vs wishing they could take a wide angle shot of the rocky mountains. so yeah seems to me a third lens that's 4x optical zoom for closer shots makes more sense than one that's 0.5 zoom for wide shots.

I like the new phone though and my iphone pro max will be here on the 20th, so this is just curiosity rather than a serious complaint. Who knows, maybe its not technically possible for a 4x lens and that's the reason why. I tried googling to see what was being said and nothing so figured I'd ask here and see what people speculate.

linear2202

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I would have easily taken more zoom over wide angle for the exact reasons you mention. My kid out on the soccer field. I would much rather have the zoom.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234