Score a saving on iPad Pro (2021): $100 off at Amazon

Is there any way to remove child under 13 from family sharing?
    What happens if I delete my apple ID? Will that remove my childs ID if I sign up with new apple ID?
    Last edited by montecito79; 09-06-2019 at 01:02 AM.
    09-05-2019 11:55 PM
    Is there any way to remove child under 13 from family sharing?
    What happens if I delete my apple ID? Will that remove my childs ID if I sign up with new apple ID?
    If you’re the organizer, you can indeed remove members from family sharing, regardless of the person’s age.
    09-06-2019 09:12 PM
    If you’re the organizer, you can indeed remove members from family sharing, regardless of the person’s age.
    No I can not if the person is under 13.
    09-07-2019 01:01 AM
    If you are in the US, you need to call Apple for assistance in order to do this.

https://www.lifewire.com/remove-chil...haring-1999091
    09-07-2019 06:02 AM
    You cannot remove a child from a family and if you don't want to deal with creating a new family to move the child to, or disband your family, Apple is very unhelpful. However, you may remove it once the child reaches 13 years of age. So, if you want to remove it from your account this is what you can do if you intend on removing the account from your family. You may also delete the account once your done.

Contact apple and tell them you entered the incorrect birthday for your child's account. They will unlock the birthday field, which may only be done once.

Once unlocked, update the birthday so that it will turn 13 the next day. For example, if the current day is 11/27/2020, set the birthday to 11/28/2007. Setting it to a date just under 13 is key, because Apple won't let you pick a date that will make the account older than 13 when you're editing it. At midnight, the account will turn 13, allowing you to remove the account from the family. Once removed, login to the account, and delete it (if you wish).
    11-27-2020 12:19 PM
    You cannot remove a child from a family and if you don't want to deal with creating a new family to move the child to, or disband your family, Apple is very unhelpful. However, you may remove it once the child reaches 13 years of age. So, if you want to remove it from your account this is what you can do if you intend on removing the account from your family. You may also delete the account once your done.

Contact apple and tell them you entered the incorrect birthday for your child's account. They will unlock the birthday field, which may only be done once.

Once unlocked, update the birthday so that it will turn 13 the next day. For example, if the current day is 11/27/2020, set the birthday to 11/28/2007. Setting it to a date just under 13 is key, because Apple won't let you pick a date that will make the account older than 13 when you're editing it. At midnight, the account will turn 13, allowing you to remove the account from the family. Once removed, login to the account, and delete it (if you wish).
    This post is 14 months old. But thanks for the info.
    11-27-2020 01:59 PM