Recurring or Repeat notifications

josh74

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
Just to be clear I am a first time iphone user, Im coming from Android and Blackberry. Why must I have to actually pick my phone up to see that I have a notification? No repeating vibration or sounds at configurable time spans. The screen doesnt even wake every few minutes to show that I have notifications. I think these are pretty basic notification features. I love my iphone Xr, but hate the way it delivers notifications. Anything I can do, without jailbreaking?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Just to be clear I am a first time iphone user, Im coming from Android and Blackberry. Why must I have to actually pick my phone up to see that I have a notification? No repeating vibration or sounds at configurable time spans. The screen doesnt even wake every few minutes to show that I have notifications. I think these are pretty basic notification features. I love my iphone Xr, but hate the way it delivers notifications. Anything I can do, without jailbreaking?

There is nothing you can do, without jailbreaking.
When you get a notification, there are several options to get alerted. If you haven’t been able to check your phone then, you can see the last ones on the lock screen when you pick up your phone and direct it to yourself. Recurring notifications is actually the last thing I need. The many notifications I already get is enough. I even used the ‘Deliver quietly’ option for a lot of apps.

The only exception is the messages app. You can choose to be notified more than once when you receive a message.

josh74

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. You can set notifications to be "Persistent"

Thank You, yes I have some set as persistent. Just really like the way android handled the notifications, especially waking the screen every 10 minutes or so. I guess it’s just gonna take some time to get used to the iOS ecosystem.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank You, yes I have some set as persistent. Just really like the way android handled the notifications, especially waking the screen every 10 minutes or so. I guess it’s just gonna take some time to get used to the iOS ecosystem.

Yes, I had to get use to that as well when I switched. Then I realized I was at peace and how I actually liked not being reminded every several minutes...LOL. ConGrats on your new Xr. Enjoy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen