Hey all, so I am trying to figure something out here.
    I have a few videos from my GoPro saved to my iPad. I saved them just to my On My iPad storage spot in the Files app.
    To my understanding that saves them to just the local storage of the iPad correct?
    It’s just 4.5gb of videos.
    But now whenever my iPad does and iCloud back up. That back up is taking up 5GB of my iCloud storage. It seems that it is backing up those videos now.
    Is there anyway to not back up these videos? Am I missing something here? Or is it as soon as something is saved to your iPad it’s automatically included in the back up?

Cheers
    08-19-2019 10:42 AM
    Hey all, so I am trying to figure something out here.
    I have a few videos from my GoPro saved to my iPad. I saved them just to my On My iPad storage spot in the Files app.
    To my understanding that saves them to just the local storage of the iPad correct?
    It’s just 4.5gb of videos.
    But now whenever my iPad does and iCloud back up. That back up is taking up 5GB of my iCloud storage. It seems that it is backing up those videos now.
    Is there anyway to not back up these videos? Am I missing something here? Or is it as soon as something is saved to your iPad it’s automatically included in the back up?

Cheers
    Hello!! Go to settings, click on your Apple ID, then click iCloud. From there you can decide what apps will save information to iCloud. If the go pro videos save to the photos app, you would have to turn off photos because there’s no way to isolate saving just photos. Hope this helps!!!
    08-19-2019 05:23 PM
    Hello!! Go to settings, click on your Apple ID, then click iCloud. From there you can decide what apps will save information to iCloud. If the go pro videos save to the photos app, you would have to turn off photos because there’s no way to isolate saving just photos. Hope this helps!!!
    Thanks. I had taken a look at all the different apps and there isn’t one to cover iPad storage. The videos are just saved in the files app on the iPad storage folder. Not saved in any photos or other specific app.
    08-19-2019 08:24 PM
    The thing with computers is that they like you to be specific.
    Otherwise they work out how to take your money.
    08-20-2019 04:23 AM
    Thanks. I had taken a look at all the different apps and there isn’t one to cover iPad storage. The videos are just saved in the files app on the iPad storage folder. Not saved in any photos or other specific app.
    I forgot about files. Apple automatically saves that stuff to iCloud. I don’t know why they don’t let people decide whether they want those items in there or not.
    08-20-2019 09:04 PM
    I forgot about files. Apple automatically saves that stuff to iCloud. I don’t know why they don’t let people decide whether they want those items in there or not.
    Ah bummer. That’s what I was hoping it wasn’t doing.
    Especially since there is clearly two different categories.
    On This iPad and iCloud Drive.
    You would think those would be separate, and only things you wanted backed up would go in iCloud.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-20-2019 10:19 PM