6th Gen iPad. Why is volume so Low? Crap speaker?

I

iMore Question

I have hard rest I’ve done everything and my 6th gems iPad speaker is just awful! I can barley hear my keyboard as I type this. This is very frustrating. Videos won’t play loud enough. No volume limit is on. I even have late night on my eq. Please help.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I saw something on Shark Tank, about that. Some sort of acoustic device, that is basically a piece of plastic that cups and redirects the sound from the speakers to the front of the device. Its the same principle as cupping your hand around your ear. Soundbender was the name. And besides that there are other ones, that work on the same principle.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I saw something on Shark Tank, about that. Some sort of acoustic device, that is basically a piece of plastic that cups and redirects the sound from the speakers to the front of the device. Its the same principle as cupping your hand around your ear. Soundbender was the name. And besides that there are other ones, that work on the same principle.

Putting your phone in a cup or mug has the same effect. No need to buy expensive gadgets to achieve that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have hard rest I’ve done everything and my 6th gems iPad speaker is just awful! I can barley hear my keyboard as I type this. This is very frustrating. Videos won’t play loud enough. No volume limit is on. I even have late night on my eq. Please help.

I don’t why the volume appears very low to you. Do you have a thick case on it? Is anything covering the speaker such as plastic? Do you typically need the volume for other items like the tv to be loud due to bad hearing or something?

Feel free to make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them check it out for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711