Prevent Screen Time Workaround

I

iMore Question

I have just realized that once my son depletes his youtube (entertainment) quota, he moves on to messages app (where i don't impose a limit; well, because it is messaging app) and using the youtube app in the messages app, he continues youtubing.

How can I prevent this?

(He also found out that, uninstalling and reinstalling an app also resets the daily quota used by that app. I prevented this by blocking him from installing apps)

Thanks,

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure those are the controls they are using. I know I am with my son, but he also figured out that deleting and redownloading an app resets the parental control screen time timer. And I can delete the apps off his phone, but since it has been downloaded previously, he does not need permission to redownload.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Are you sure parental controls are set up correctly? When our son was underage we did the same thing but if he deleted an app and tried to re-download it, it was still blocked until we gave the ok.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it’s time for a tech sabbatical! Just take the phone when you don’t want him using it. He’s already proven to not be trustworthy, since he’s attempting to trick the system.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it’s time for a tech sabbatical! Just take the phone when you don’t want him using it. He’s already proven to not be trustworthy, since he’s attempting to trick the system.

This, and may I suggest putting it in a lock box/safe of some sort.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I set it up where my daughter can’t change any account settings nor delete any apps (although she don’t know what your son know).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods