Why do you think Apple isn’t addressing the unresponsive. touchscreen issue in 12” iPad Pro?

I

iMore Question

A lot of users have this problem (according to the Apple forums)with the 2017 and 2018 iPads including me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would Luke to think that if users bring their devices to an Apple Store, the employees therein would do their best to remedy the problem. Having said that, if one million people purchased the iPads you mentioned and 200 people are having issues with an unresponsive screen/device, that is .02% of the buyers. I highly doubt Apple will consider that a major problem.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It’s a real problem. Problem is you have to leave your iPad basically un-useable until you can make it into an Apple store. Not everybody can just run down there as soon as it happens. A reboot fixes it but it will eventually happen again. I have the 11” 2018 iPad Pro.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s a real problem. Problem is you have to leave your iPad basically un-useable until you can make it into an Apple store. Not everybody can just run down there as soon as it happens. A reboot fixes it but it will eventually happen again. I have the 11” 2018 iPad Pro.

I do indeed believe that it is a problem for some people and you’re absolutely right that not everyone will be able to just run to an Apple Store to get the issue resolved.

With that being said, I took the OP’s question to mean that Apple should be publicly addressing a problem that he or she considers widespread. Apple or any other company is not going to admit a problem that a very small percentage are experiencing....at least not until they are forced to. Even if they did, the remedy would more than likely be a free replacement, in my opinion.

Last edited:

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I guess I'll count myself one of the lucky ones. I have the 2018 model, and so far so good. Hopefully it stays that way.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I guess I'll count myself one of the lucky ones. I have the 2018 model, and so far so good. Hopefully it stays that way.

It’s random when it happens to me. It can happen 3 times in a week and then not happen for a month.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I do indeed believe that it is a problem for some people and you’re absolutely right that not everyone will be able to just run to an Apple Store to get the issue resolved.

With that being said, I took the OP’s question to mean that Apple should be publicly addressing a problem that he or she considers widespread. Apple or any other company is not going to admit a problem that a very small percentage are experiencing....at least not until they are forced to. Even if they did, the remedy would more than likely be a free replacement, in my opinion.

I did take it once to Apple. They wouldn’t do anything about it because I had rebooted it to fix the problem. Told them I can’t just leave this for 3 days since this is a working tool for me so you can see it. Of course their diagnostic came back normal.