Using a Mac in a corp environment for the first time? How to manage app store? ...

I

iMore Question

I've been using Macs for years, but never in a corporate environment.

I'm assuming it's not a great idea to sign into the store, messages, and iCloud with my /personal/ Apple credentials?

I just got a 15" MBP for work and of course there are immediatelly some updates from the Mac app store. But a message immediately tells me:
Unable to update some apps
To update these apps, you need to accept them on the account page in the App Store.

Is this because I'm not signed-in to any of the Apple services on this machines? How do you normally deal with this? Do you make a separate set of Apple credentials just for your work devices? Some other solution I haven't even considered?

Thanks very much in advance!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
First, you need to get with your IT section to get an idea of what is allowed and not allowed on your work-issued Mac. They should also be able to properly answer the questions you posted in this thread.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Depending on the company, you may be required to add the MBP to your companies domain so they can still make sure you have anti virus and other things. I work for a large electronics company and there are only a small handful of us Mac users (worldwide) so they don't require us connect our MBP to the domain.

But, with that being said, did you get the MBP from your IT department or did you personally buy it? If you didn't get it from your company you may not be allowed to use it on your companies network. In this case you better make sure it's ok to use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro