What Wi-Fi extenders do you guys recommend
    08-01-2019 07:30 AM
    I can’t recommend any because my house is so small that the one that came with my provider is sufficient.
    Hopefully others will chime in soon.
    08-01-2019 08:20 AM
    My existing router is more than good enough !
    08-02-2019 08:15 AM
    08-02-2019 08:29 AM
    Here’s one that was featured in an iMore article.

https://www.imore.com/tp-link-n300-wifi-range-extender
    I have not used their extender, BUT I loved the TP Link Router I used to have. Great brand!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-02-2019 10:14 AM
    No extenders here. I'm using a Ubiquity mesh wifi network.
    08-02-2019 10:53 AM
    Don't have any good to say about extenders. I bought Netgear Orbi with mesh and that works awsome in my home. Can really recommend a good mesh network if you have problems with wifi coverage with only one router
    08-02-2019 11:11 AM
    Do they actually work ?
    08-06-2019 05:54 AM
    I have an Orbi router with an extender and it works quite well. Before that I had an Apple Time Capsule and used an Airport Express as an extender and that worked well too (although not as well as the Orbi). Any extender’s reliability is going to be based on its position relative to the main router. If there’s a weak signal coming into the extender, there’s going to be a weak signal being broadcast from the extender. I recommend experimenting with the extender’s position in the home until you get the results you’re looking for.
    taz323 likes this.
    08-06-2019 07:14 AM
    I have an Orbi router with an extender and it works quite well. Before that I had an Apple Time Capsule and used an Airport Express as an extender and that worked well too (although not as well as the Orbi). Any extender’s reliability is going to be based on its position relative to the main router. If there’s a weak signal coming into the extender, there’s going to be a weak signal being broadcast from the extender. I recommend experimenting with the extender’s position in the home until you get the results you’re looking for.
    Thanks for the heads up, Time Capsule has really good range inside, but gets weak outside. Was thinking of picking up an extender. Forgot about old express.
    08-06-2019 08:11 AM
    Don't have any good to say about extenders. I bought Netgear Orbi with mesh and that works awsome in my home. Can really recommend a good mesh network if you have problems with wifi coverage with only one router
    Same here. I have never been able to find a wifi extender that really did what I needed it to do. I bought the Netgear Orbi about a month ago and now have max speeds in every square inch of my home. Can't recommend it enough. Well worth the money.
    fredriks and pkcable like this.
    08-06-2019 10:23 AM