Wi-Fi extenders

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I can’t recommend any because my house is so small that the one that came with my provider is sufficient.
Hopefully others will chime in soon.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Don't have any good to say about extenders. I bought Netgear Orbi with mesh and that works awsome in my home. Can really recommend a good mesh network if you have problems with wifi coverage with only one router

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an Orbi router with an extender and it works quite well. Before that I had an Apple Time Capsule and used an Airport Express as an extender and that worked well too (although not as well as the Orbi). Any extender’s reliability is going to be based on its position relative to the main router. If there’s a weak signal coming into the extender, there’s going to be a weak signal being broadcast from the extender. I recommend experimenting with the extender’s position in the home until you get the results you’re looking for.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I have an Orbi router with an extender and it works quite well. Before that I had an Apple Time Capsule and used an Airport Express as an extender and that worked well too (although not as well as the Orbi). Any extender’s reliability is going to be based on its position relative to the main router. If there’s a weak signal coming into the extender, there’s going to be a weak signal being broadcast from the extender. I recommend experimenting with the extender’s position in the home until you get the results you’re looking for.

Thanks for the heads up, Time Capsule has really good range inside, but gets weak outside. Was thinking of picking up an extender. Forgot about old express.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't have any good to say about extenders. I bought Netgear Orbi with mesh and that works awsome in my home. Can really recommend a good mesh network if you have problems with wifi coverage with only one router

Same here. I have never been able to find a wifi extender that really did what I needed it to do. I bought the Netgear Orbi about a month ago and now have max speeds in every square inch of my home. Can't recommend it enough. Well worth the money.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2