AirPort Extreme Replacement

I

iMore Question

Hello, I’m looking to replace my AirPort Extreme, and looking for some opinions from people that already have

Thanks in advance

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Any of the ones from the popular brands like Linksys, D-Link, NETGEAR and Asus should suffice, depending on your needs.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Netgear orbi for over 6 months now. I have 3 units in my house well separeted and it work awsome. My coverage is great everywhere and even outside

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm an enterprise network admin in my day job so took a good look at this topic myself and among friends who do the same work. We all like Ubiquiti products as having enterprise grade features with a good price.

Some I know chose the small Cisco Meraki MX appliances for the advanced security license but that is more than many will pay for a home system. Still, it's tremendous stuff.

The Ubiquiti Amplifi product is their set of offerings for home users that takes ther very strong radio stuff and feature set but in an easy to use moderately priced bundle for a home user. In helping some associates, and with my own trials I have not found any of the home stuff with the antenna or "mesh point" as they call it ease and performance.

Check out the way their "MeshPoint" antennas work here to know how good and how easy adjusting signal strength is, but also know how that will look or be in your home. They will let you tune your WiFi much like I can with professional gear where I work. With a three pack tuned well I have tremendous performance over 3 floors and my house is a neighborhood WiFi island.

https://www.amplifi.com/explore.html

It's worth looking at their entire line for SOHO use because the "Teleport" product is also good, and you'll understand all the ways they sell it. Many people might not need or want the 3 unit mesh system or their instant system just as much as others would.

Someone who likes or liked Apple's offering might also be interested in knowing Ubiquiti's founder was a or the key person behind Apple getting into this realm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711