How was is possible for someone to log into my iCloud and delete all my photos? Is there any way that those photos might still sit somewhere? They are also still using my gmail account on their profile? How is that even possible?
    07-02-2019 04:15 AM
    This is interesting, I have always thought iPhones were pretty secure but one of my kids has always been completely dismissive about this,and for years has said that some high street phone shops will get you in to a locked phone for a relatively small sum. I suppose those of us that wouldn’t think of it as a way to go will always be a bit blinkered.
    07-02-2019 05:37 AM
    How was is possible for someone to log into my iCloud and delete all my photos? Is there any way that those photos might still sit somewhere? They are also still using my gmail account on their profile? How is that even possible?
    It’s possible that the person who allegedly stole your device knows you well enough to know / figure out your iCloud and gmail credentials.

You know you can login to both your iCloud and gmail accounts via a computer and change your passcode so that the alleged thief would no longer have access.
    scruffypig likes this.
    07-02-2019 06:33 AM
    Just a thought, but the alleged thief used your device that didn't have a passcode/password/fingerprint/face ID set up on it? Also, do you have 2FA enabled?

The alleged thief wouldn't have been able to do any of this without (1) your Apple credentials or (2) your unlocked device.

But to answer your question, if they were deleted from the album but weren't deleted from "Recently Deleted" folder, then they are still available. However, if they've been deleted from that folder too, then they are gone. Sorry.

Hard lesson to learn but you may also want to revisit your security settings.
    Just_Me_D and scruffypig like this.
    07-02-2019 07:48 AM
    I would definitely look into my security settings. Also, do you by any chance have any back ups? I’m not sure that would solve it but it’s possible. Also contact Apple support.
    scruffypig likes this.
    07-02-2019 08:34 AM
    I don't mean to sound snide or rude, but perhaps this is the wake up call that is needed for stronger PINs and Passwords.

<Rant>
    Your dog's name with your date of birth isn't very good if people can get that info. And remember, if that is an example of your password, and you have your DOB and your dog's name posted on Facebook, you have potentially told the world your password.

My phone has no fingerprint (too many can be fooled by artificial means, and any biometric can be used without your consent). It is a PIN that I highly doubt anyone would be able to guess. My Gmail doesn't have anywhere near the same credentials to get in. My Windows PC isn't related to either of those. And both are coming up due for a change, which happens at once per year.

Devices are carrying credit cards, links to social media, bank information, etc. and most people's PINs are about as complex as 12345 (not kidding; saw someone's debit card PIN be 1234. The key guard doesn't help when you go across the pad and then the next digit down. Not hard to figure out what the PIN is). Or, better yet, many people knows Kanye West's iPhone PIN. We get concerned and grab the pitchforks when other companies lose our data when, for the most part, we aren't much better at handling it.

</Rant>
    Lee_Bo and Annie_8plus like this.
    07-03-2019 09:33 AM
    I don't mean to sound snide or rude, but perhaps this is the wake up call that is needed for stronger PINs and Passwords.

<Rant>
    Your dog's name with your date of birth isn't very good if people can get that info. And remember, if that is an example of your password, and you have your DOB and your dog's name posted on Facebook, you have potentially told the world your password.

My phone has no fingerprint (too many can be fooled by artificial means, and any biometric can be used without your consent). It is a PIN that I highly doubt anyone would be able to guess. My Gmail doesn't have anywhere near the same credentials to get in. My Windows PC isn't related to either of those. And both are coming up due for a change, which happens at once per year.

Devices are carrying credit cards, links to social media, bank information, etc. and most people's PINs are about as complex as 12345 (not kidding; saw someone's debit card PIN be 1234. The key guard doesn't help when you go across the pad and then the next digit down. Not hard to figure out what the PIN is). Or, better yet, many people knows Kanye West's iPhone PIN. We get concerned and grab the pitchforks when other companies lose our data when, for the most part, we aren't much better at handling it.

</Rant>
    BOOM!!!!!!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    07-03-2019 09:38 AM

<Rant>

</Rant>
    This us not at all rude OR snide. It’s good advice!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    07-03-2019 02:28 PM
    As far as your photos, you need to implement a real backup solution like Google Photos or Amazon Photos with a strong password of course. iCloud Photo Library is really just a sync service. But did you check your recently deleted to see if you photos are in that folder?
    07-03-2019 02:39 PM
    As far as your photos, you need to implement a real backup solution like Google Photos or Amazon Photos with a strong password of course. iCloud Photo Library is really just a sync service. But did you check your recently deleted to see if you photos are in that folder?
    I use Google Photos and a very happy with it. I also pay $.99 a month extra for extra storage on Apple’s iCloud; it’s a great suggestion to check your deleted photos folder.
    07-03-2019 06:15 PM
    As a photographer who takes a lot of pictures with my iPhone, I picked up the 256 gig version of this:

SanDisk 256GB iXpand Flash Drive for iPhone and iPad - SDIX30N-256G-GN6NE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUH9BET...mUvbUpU3146934

Cheap insurance to make sure your photos are always backed up to a safe place.
    scruffypig likes this.
    07-05-2019 09:14 AM