Why would someone get the MBA Retina over a windows 10 when you can get more bang for your buck?
    06-23-2019 01:05 AM
    It’s a personal preference & matter of convenience. I’ve been using Macs for a long time and I prefer the UI over a windows machine. I also feel I get more bang for my buck in a Mac because it lasts twice as long as any PC I’ve ever owned. My 2012 MBA runs extremely smooth & is showing no signs of age.

A few years back the USB port on my MBP stopped working. It was several years outside of the warranty, but I took it to the Apple Store & they replaced the logicboard free of charge. That never would have happened with a PC. I would have just had to deal with one less port.
    MasterDarque and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-23-2019 11:04 AM
    2012 iMac likewise...... Never needed service & running like a top...Never got more than 3 years out of a PC...
    06-23-2019 12:32 PM
    Why would someone get the MBA Retina over a windows 10 when you can get more bang for your buck?
    ...Or, why would someone care that someone else chose a ‘MBA Retina’ over a Windows 10 pc...
    Let them do them, and you do you...
    Btw, ‘more bang for your buck’ is all relative... imo...
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    06-23-2019 02:21 PM
    1. Personal preference
    2. Better quality
    3. Occupational or educational requirement
    4. Curiosity
    5. Simply because he or she can
    MasterDarque and dmoskaluk like this.
    06-23-2019 02:30 PM
    I am not judging people I am trying to pick for myself and hear advice from people. I was just stating the specs from a windows computer and power of the MacBook compared to the same price of a windows computer. I wasn’t attacking anyone
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    06-23-2019 06:28 PM
    I am not judging people I am trying to pick for myself and hear advice from people. I was just stating the specs from a windows computer and power of the MacBook compared to the same price of a windows computer. I wasn’t attacking anyone
    1. Are you accustomed to using Windows or macOS?
    2. What do you need the computer for?
    3. If your preference is Windows, why are you considering the Mac?
    4. Do you have the finances for either? If not, go with the one that you can afford and use the necessary apps to help you with your computing needs.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    06-23-2019 07:02 PM
    1. I use both.
    2. I use the computer for masters degree and some VM work for schooling, network drawings
    3. I usually use macs but I saw the air and was wondering about the i5 clocked at 1.5 I believes power.
    4. I was just trying to see the what can you get for most bang for the buck.
    06-23-2019 07:20 PM
    1. I use both.
    2. I use the computer for masters degree and some VM work for schooling, network drawings
    3. I usually use macs but I saw the air and was wondering about the i5 clocked at 1.5 I believes power.
    4. I was just trying to see the what can you get for most bang for the buck.
    Only “you” can answer which one gives you the most bang for the buck. If you can do everything you need to do on a Windows computer then go with the Windows computer and save yourself some money. I’m the type of person who can use whatever is provided, but if I’m spending my own money then I’m going to get what I prefer.
    06-23-2019 08:44 PM
    I’m all in the Apple ecosystem, and I prefer the macOS UI over Windows. As for longevity, I’ve been using the same MacBook for 5 1/2 years now and it’s still running smooth and getting the newest versions of macOS. The syncing between all my devices is fantastic. That being said, I do have a Windows laptop that I use for work because all my work programs are PC only for the most part. Changing network settings is also much easier on Windows. As others have said though, it’s personal preference.
    06-23-2019 09:55 PM