What does this maps location mean

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi. just a quick question, does anyone know what this location means in maps (Please see screenshot attached)- it is the very first location it is the location of my job but it seems to appear automatically for me on certain days I work.

Maps is working great, this is just more out of curiosity

Thanks

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Must be a location you frequently visit. Maybe not per se that specific address but you’ve been close to it on certain days.
It’s not 100% accurate, but by approximate.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Agree with Tartarus it is a place you frequent often.

The Maps app learns your driving habits and displays the location you typically travel to on a particular day and/or time. It can be a little creepy for sure...

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It means Big Brother is watching and wants to know if you are returning to what looks like a frequent stop for you.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This used to drive me nuts! There was a pin for Ron's Auto on my map for the longest time. The location on the map for "Ron's Auto" was a couple of houses down from my Mother in law's house. There is no auto shop on her street. I tried my best to get rid of it, and it seems to finally have gone away... I have no clue how, but it's gone!

And then, a couple of weeks ago, I realized that her neighbor's name is Ron... and realizing that, I am wondering if he works on cars at his house... hence Ron's Auto!!!!

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
This used to drive me nuts! There was a pin for Ron's Auto on my map for the longest time. The location on the map for "Ron's Auto" was a couple of houses down from my Mother in law's house. There is no auto shop on her street. I tried my best to get rid of it, and it seems to finally have gone away... I have no clue how, but it's gone!

And then, a couple of weeks ago, I realized that her neighbor's name is Ron... and realizing that, I am wondering if he works on cars at his house... hence Ron's Auto!!!!

Can’t you just press on the pin and it will ask you if you want to delete the pin?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Can’t you just press on the pin and it will ask you if you want to delete the pin?

You would think so, but it never seemed to work! And in looking at it just now, it was also stuck in my favorites list, and I couldn't delete it like I could others. But it's gone, so it could have been just a glitch!

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Do significant locations appear in maps everyday or just the days I go to work as it’s appearing today and I’m not scheduled to work lol. It’s creepy but I know it’s only on the device and apple can’t get access to it

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just opened up maps, and the view I am seeing is a list of places consists of places that I've marked as favorites or places I've recently searched.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Are you not seeing a location with a black background and an arrow pointing to the right. Like I sent in the screenshots above

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
No, I'm not... here's my view:

IMG_5689.jpg

It's similar, but I don't have the location with the black arrow. That looks like when you've started directions to somewhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711