Hi. just a quick question, does anyone know what this location means in maps (Please see screenshot attached)- it is the very first location it is the location of my job but it seems to appear automatically for me on certain days I work.

Maps is working great, this is just more out of curiosity

What does this maps location mean-fullsizeoutput_1007.jpeg

Thanks
    06-15-2019 09:47 PM
    Must be a location you frequently visit. Maybe not per se that specific address but you’ve been close to it on certain days.
    It’s not 100% accurate, but by approximate.
    06-16-2019 02:37 AM
    Agree with Tartarus it is a place you frequent often.
    06-17-2019 06:32 AM
    Agree with Tartarus it is a place you frequent often.
    The Maps app learns your driving habits and displays the location you typically travel to on a particular day and/or time. It can be a little creepy for sure...
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-17-2019 07:44 AM
    thats what I thought it was myself. Thanks guys. Yeah it can be but its convenient and I trust apple with privacy etc
    06-18-2019 10:39 PM
    It means Big Brother is watching and wants to know if you are returning to what looks like a frequent stop for you.
    06-19-2019 08:16 AM
    This used to drive me nuts! There was a pin for Ron's Auto on my map for the longest time. The location on the map for "Ron's Auto" was a couple of houses down from my Mother in law's house. There is no auto shop on her street. I tried my best to get rid of it, and it seems to finally have gone away... I have no clue how, but it's gone!

And then, a couple of weeks ago, I realized that her neighbor's name is Ron... and realizing that, I am wondering if he works on cars at his house... hence Ron's Auto!!!!
    06-19-2019 08:20 AM
    This used to drive me nuts! There was a pin for Ron's Auto on my map for the longest time. The location on the map for "Ron's Auto" was a couple of houses down from my Mother in law's house. There is no auto shop on her street. I tried my best to get rid of it, and it seems to finally have gone away... I have no clue how, but it's gone!

And then, a couple of weeks ago, I realized that her neighbor's name is Ron... and realizing that, I am wondering if he works on cars at his house... hence Ron's Auto!!!!
    Can’t you just press on the pin and it will ask you if you want to delete the pin?
    06-19-2019 01:37 PM
    Can’t you just press on the pin and it will ask you if you want to delete the pin?
    You would think so, but it never seemed to work! And in looking at it just now, it was also stuck in my favorites list, and I couldn't delete it like I could others. But it's gone, so it could have been just a glitch!
    06-19-2019 02:26 PM
    Do significant locations appear in maps everyday or just the days I go to work as it’s appearing today and I’m not scheduled to work lol. It’s creepy but I know it’s only on the device and apple can’t get access to it
    06-20-2019 09:33 AM
    I just opened up maps, and the view I am seeing is a list of places consists of places that I've marked as favorites or places I've recently searched.
    06-20-2019 09:56 AM
    Are you not seeing a location with a black background and an arrow pointing to the right. Like I sent in the screenshots above
    06-20-2019 10:24 AM
    No, I'm not... here's my view:

What does this maps location mean-img_5689.jpg

It's similar, but I don't have the location with the black arrow. That looks like when you've started directions to somewhere.
    06-20-2019 10:38 AM
    maybe but I thought it was significant location so the phone learns where I'm going etc and suggests it
    06-20-2019 09:28 PM