If it Makes Apple fans look bad, what about Android fans?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Like the saying goes:
07fe2a55de48b648a283f35519d7837c.jpg

This is AWESOME!

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Reminds me of a family member who ventured over to Android, because someone convinced her it’s better.
I explained to her, it’s about choice, and not one is better than the other.
They both have their weaknesses, one of which now. We cannot FaceTime since she is across the miles.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Reminds me of a family member who ventured over to Android, because someone convinced her it’s better.
I explained to her, it’s about choice, and not one is better than the other.
They both have their weaknesses, one of which now. We cannot FaceTime since she is across the miles.

I hear ya. It’s like comparison certain cars. Some lesser priced models will have more available options and even more horsepower, but the overall driving experience is still not as exciting or enjoyable. Of course, there are always exceptions, but you get the gist of what I’m trying to convey.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hear ya. It’s like comparison certain cars. Some lesser priced models will have more available options and even more horsepower, but the overall driving experience is still not as exciting or enjoyable. Of course, there are always exceptions, but you get the gist of what I’m trying to convey.

Yep, it is like cars. Or pick up trucks, like the great Ford vs Chevy. It's personal. And many smartphone users take their device personally. And, like someone said, they attack others to justify their personal choice. I've never had anyone make negative comments about my iPhone. I have debated my son, who's an avid Samsung user. But it wasn't in a personal way. Well, we did rib each other a bit, but it was all in fun.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, it is like cars. Or pick up trucks, like the great Ford vs Chevy. It's personal. And many smartphone users take their device personally. And, like someone said, they attack others to justify their personal choice. I've never had anyone make negative comments about my iPhone. I have debated my son, who's an avid Samsung user. But it wasn't in a personal way. Well, we did rib each other a bit, but it was all in fun.

(Laughing)....That’s how it is with my youngest brother, on occasion. He’s a die hard Android “smartphone” user, but he also prefers an iPad and a Mac. Go figure, right?...

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

I sure do my friend.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I think this is mostly prevalent on forums like these or on social media like YouTube. I have never had anyone in my personal or professional life make a big deal about what smartphone I or they use.

I was given so much flack by friends for staying with BlackBerry as long as I did (until 2017) and when I finally got an iPhone it was as if I joined Satan's army because I didn't choose Android. I laugh and know if they're talking about my phone this bad they must want one. So in turn I occasionally make jokes when their phones are buggy or something goes wrong just to tease them a little. Really though some people take what primary phone you carry way too personal. Good thing I'm the retort queen always ready with a comeback line LOL!!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I’m sure that Brand A versus Brand B, and the talking up of Brand B/putting down of Brand A in the comments section/forums on a site devoted to Brand A, is likely an internet wide occurrence.
It wouldn’t surprise me if this type of behavior was taking place on a site devoted to a particular brand of chewing gum...

Phones, cars, chewing gum....

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I was given so much flack by friends for staying with BlackBerry as long as I did (until 2017) and when I finally got an iPhone it was as if I joined Satan's army because I didn't choose Android. I laugh and know if they're talking about my phone this bad they must want one. So in turn I occasionally make jokes when their phones are buggy or something goes wrong just to tease them a little. Really though some people take what primary phone you carry way too personal. Good thing I'm the retort queen always ready with a comeback line LOL!!

If you were around on CrackBerry back when BB10 came out, you heard most posters making comments about it being an iPhone killer and that they would never use Android.
Well, iPhone is still around and BlackBerry devices now use Android. Go figure.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
That one Apple user's opinion usually reflects all other Apple users' opinions. It's quite prevalent in this thread, in fact.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Two of my cousins have preferred Android for some time. I’ve been supportive of this, trying to even find answers to some questions for them on AC.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
It's actually people like this who make the brand look bad...at least from my point of view. Doesn't matter if it's Apple vs Android, Apple vs. PC, console vs. PC, same applies across the board. I can understand one defending a point of view against misinformation, but to attack one who makes a certain choice over the other? Nope sorry...not participating.

I'll admit, I am fairly entrenched in the Android ecosystem. It would take a lot to convince me to move. That being said, I recall one time when someone told me I should get an Apple TV, simply because 'it's better'. They didn't like it when I told them that was their opinion and they were entitled to it, but that was insufficient reason to get me to move.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
As is the case with all segments of folks, a few bad Apples exist. The YouTube commentator was ignorant. No one persons opinion should sway the way we view an entire group of folks. You like what you like and you use what you prefer. We shouldn't let anyone effect us due to something as trivial as which phone we use. There are far greater and more important reasons to identify why a person sucks lol.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't give 2 pieces of dog crap what ANYONE thinks of me because of the devices I use, the car I drive, the clothes I wear.......

Wait a minute......let me sum this up.......

I don't give 2 pieces of dog crap what ANYONE thinks of me! Period! And if you're going to judge me based on the electronics I choose to use, then YOU are missing out on a great friendship. While I'm not missing out on you at all. Trust me, I'll sleep just fine either way.

Editors note: The word "you" above is used in general and NOT directed to the OP.

^THIS

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I don’t give a pint of cold spit for what anyone thinks about my phone brand,or whatever I drive,or much else come to think of it ! I regard anyone else’s choices with profound apathy.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
The people I e come across that have done that were techies. The typical John and Jane Doe don’t care. A good deal of people purchase an Android smartphone because they prefer them whereas others buy them because they’re generally more affordable than the iPhone. I’m old school and don’t have time to be worrying about what someone else bought. It’s their money and their choice. Right?

Couldn’t agree more. Sure, you might disagree with the reasons people choose Android over Apple or vice versa, or why they prefer/dislike one overthrown other, but at the end of the day it’s their money, their life and their choice...buying an iPhone/Android phone isn’t going to cause global apocalypse.

And also (nice quote I found on AC forums and probably exists elsewhere)...we’re humans, not robots. The world would be incredibly boring if we all agreed on everything.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Couldn’t agree more. Sure, you might disagree with the reasons people choose Android over Apple or vice versa, or why they prefer/dislike one overthrown other, but at the end of the day it’s their money, their life and their choice...buying an iPhone/Android phone isn’t going to cause global apocalypse.

And also (nice quote I found on AC forums and probably exists elsewhere)...we’re humans, not robots. The world would be incredibly boring if we all agreed on everything.

Outstanding...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2