If it Makes Apple fans look bad, what about Android fans?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While watching a product comparison review via YouTube, a viewer wrote in the comment section that the video made all Apple users look bad.

It got me to thinking that if one Apple user’s opinion caused someone to assume all other Apple users feel the same way, are we to assume that all Android users are as shallow and small-minded as the person who made the comment?

What are your thoughts about it?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I don't give 2 pieces of dog crap what ANYONE thinks of me because of the devices I use, the car I drive, the clothes I wear.......

Wait a minute......let me sum this up.......

I don't give 2 pieces of dog crap what ANYONE thinks of me! Period! And if you're going to judge me based on the electronics I choose to use, then YOU are missing out on a great friendship. While I'm not missing out on you at all. Trust me, I'll sleep just fine either way.

Editors note: The word "you" above is used in general and NOT directed to the OP.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
While watching a product comparison review via YouTube, a viewer wrote in the comment section that the video made all Apple users look bad.

It got me to thinking that if one Apple user’s opinion caused someone to assume all other Apple users feel the same way, are we to assume that all Android users are as shallow and small-minded as the person who made the comment?

What are your thoughts about it?

I think this is mostly prevalent on forums like these or on social media like YouTube. I have never had anyone in my personal or professional life make a big deal about what smartphone I or they use.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't give 2 pieces of dog crap what ANYONE thinks of me because of the devices I use, the car I drive, the clothes I wear.......

Wait a minute......let me sum this up.......

I don't give 2 pieces of dog crap what ANYONE thinks of me! Period! And if you're going to judge me based on the electronics I choose to use, then YOU are missing out on a great friendship. While I'm not missing out on you at all. Trust me, I'll sleep just fine either way.

Editors note: The word "you" above is used in general and NOT directed to the OP.

Excellent reply and I’m with you, sir.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think this is mostly prevalent on forums like these or on social media like YouTube. I have never had anyone in my personal or professional life make a big deal about what smartphone I or they use.

I agree to a point, but I have had people make a big deal over my use of the iPhone instead their preferred Android device. Still, they knew that what their potshots didn’t do a darn thing to me and that’s what made it fun to me.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
This is more of a young persons mind set. It generally fades as you age, though some never grow out of it. So I don’t care what these people think because I assume they are all younger than 20. A teenagers opinion of me has no bearing. Those that don’t outgrow it live a sheltered and uncultured life. I feel sorry for them.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is more of a young persons mind set. It generally fades as you age, though some never grow out of it. So I don’t care what these people think because I assume they are all younger than 20. A teenagers opinion of me has no bearing. Those that don’t outgrow it live a sheltered and uncultured life. I feel sorry for them.

The people I e come across that have done that were techies. The typical John and Jane Doe don’t care. A good deal of people purchase an Android smartphone because they prefer them whereas others buy them because they’re generally more affordable than the iPhone. I’m old school and don’t have time to be worrying about what someone else bought. It’s their money and their choice. Right?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I agree to a point, but I have had people make a big deal over my use of the iPhone instead their preferred Android device. Still, they knew that what their potshots didn’t do a darn thing to me and that’s what made it fun to me.

I don’t know, maybe you’re hanging with the wrong people.
If they were just having fun with you, like friends will do, that’s one thing. If they were serious they need to grow up.
I honestly don’t get the fanboy mentality I see on this and other forums. I am not someone to be married to one product because I will use the one that I like best currently, which can change. If anyone thinks these companies give a dam* about you besides your money, you are completely lost. I owned the first iPhone, have had numerous others, Android, Blackberry, Windows, etc. I recently went from my iPhone X to a Nokia 7.1. My next device will be a.................?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know, maybe you’re hanging with the wrong people.
If they were just having fun with you, like friends will do, that’s one thing. If they were serious they need to grow up.
I honestly don’t get the fanboy mentality I see on this and other forums. I am not someone to be married to one product because I will use the one that I like best currently, which can change. If anyone thinks these companies give a dam* about you besides your money, you are completely lost. I owned the first iPhone, have had numerous others, Android, Blackberry, Windows, etc. I recently went from my iPhone X to a Nokia 7.1. My next device will be a.................?

The jabs I get are very infrequent and is mostly in fun, with a little seriousness on occasion. I have had complete strangers make comments in the past and were straight up serious, and became really ticked when they realized that what they were saying didn’t matter. lol...That hasn’t happened for a long time.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
The jabs I get are very infrequent and is mostly in fun, with a little seriousness on occasion. I have had complete strangers make comments in the past and were straight up serious, and became really ticked when they realized that what they were saying didn’t matter. lol...That hasn’t happened for a long time.
Yup, that's crazy. People with too much time on their hands.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The only negative experience I’ve ever had was when we were helping a friend move and her entire family was rabidly anti Apple. One the realized that we had iPhones it was one diatribe after another about how Android is so superior. The funny thing is that they didn’t have their facts straight! We didn’t bother to engage because it would’ve been a waste a time.

The best part of this is that our friend ended up getting an iPhone! Her Mother about had a stroke. Our friend is thrilled with Apple and there’s no turning back.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I mostly agree but I certainly get flack from some folks when my bubbles change to green from blue. Lol Doesn't last long because they know I'm going to use what I want but they make sure to acknowledge that they notice. Lol

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
The more I see the same posters expressing negative comment after negative comment on (seemingly) every article about Apple on other blogs - almost as if to see who can make the most flippant/disparaging remark to get the most ‘likes,’ the more I think that it’s either A) a pathological issue for them at this point, or B) that they’re being $$$ to do so....
Imo life is too short to spend so much time hating on a product & company that you have little to no use for, on a blog or website devoted to said company. At this point, i only care about what I think about Apple, and not what others have to ‘say,’ as it’s my money that I’ll be spending on Apple’s goods and services, so I say ‘bring on the butterfly keyboard!’

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Like the saying goes:
07fe2a55de48b648a283f35519d7837c.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The more I see the same posters expressing negative comment after negative comment on (seemingly) every article about Apple on other blogs - almost as if to see who can make the most flippant/disparaging remark to get the most ‘likes,’ the more I think that it’s either A) a pathological issue for them at this point, or B) that they’re being $$$ to do so....
Imo life is too short to spend so much time hating on a product & company that you have little to no use for, on a blog or website devoted to said company. At this point, i only care about what I think about Apple, and not what others have to ‘say,’ as it’s my money that I’ll be spending on Apple’s goods and services, so I say ‘bring on the butterfly keyboard!’

Outstanding response, sir...

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I mostly agree but I certainly get flack from some folks when my bubbles change to green from blue. Lol Doesn't last long because they know I'm going to use what I want but they make sure to acknowledge that they notice. Lol

A bubble color? That’s hilarious!
First world problems.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I see the same thing with other platforms.
I’m using a BlackBerry Key2 LE as one of my devices right now.
“Android is a mess” “Google is spying on you”
“BlackBerry still makes phones?” “A physical keyboard?”

Some people seem to have to knock the other platforms to justify their choice.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I Love Skyfy movies and one of the common denominator is everyone is using the same technology.

The Future is coming

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I’m sure that Brand A versus Brand B, and the talking up of Brand B/putting down of Brand A in the comments section/forums on a site devoted to Brand A, is likely an internet wide occurrence.
It wouldn’t surprise me if this type of behavior was taking place on a site devoted to a particular brand of chewing gum...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m sure that Brand A versus Brand B, and the talking up of Brand B/putting down of Brand A in the comments section/forums on a site devoted to Brand A, is likely an internet wide occurrence.
It wouldn’t surprise me if this type of behavior was taking place on a site devoted to a particular brand of chewing gum...

Yep, and it goes back to the "something must be wrong with you" mentality since they can't understand why someone would like something they deem inferior. smh.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice