Is there a way to change the notification sound in imessenger on the iPhone 8?

I

iMore Question

Every single text I receive through imessenger the notification is a soft ding. Is there a way to change the notification tone and or customize per person?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Every single text I receive through imessenger the notification is a soft ding. Is there a way to change the notification tone and or customize per person?

Yes. You can change the message ringtone under Settings > Notifications > Messages.
You can define different tones per person in the Contacts app.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you refer to iMessage, you can change the tone individually per person, by going to that person in Contacts, and changing it there. If you refer to Facebook Messenger, you can't change that ding.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have many different tones for friends and family members, some of which I purchased. I set them up through the contacts list. I use stock apps for some. The Clown Horn for my husband, not because he's a clown, but because it's loud and gets my attention! Some examples of tones I've purchased: for all my crazy cousins, I used the theme from "Modern Family". For people from work, I used the theme from "The Office". This way, I know who's texting me, and how quickly I need to respond!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods